Soldier to Tree Surgeon

grumpydavesmith

Aye up pal

Did the same as you last year,13 years, trained at Kingswood with Richard Olley. Also did work experience with Andy,Adam and Rubens, Excellent team.

It was worth every penny of my resettlement.

I found being at the top of a tree or out on a limb gives the buzz of a contact.You will probably find yourself looking at trees differently instead of a bit of cover it becomes your wages.lol

If your lucky get a cushy posting that will give you some flexi time and offer your services to local companies for free.

I did the big step in the middle of a credit crunch, wife pregnant and moved to france.

Business is very slow but i should get my alaskan mill this week to try and make the odd table.

In the meantime good luck and stag on.

Shep

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup:

Aye up pal

Did the same as you last year,13 years, trained at Kingswood with Richard Olley. Also did work experience with Andy,Adam and Rubens, Excellent team.

It was worth every penny of my resettlement.

I found being at the top of a tree or out on a limb gives the buzz of a contact.You will probably find yourself looking at trees differently instead of a bit of cover it becomes your wages.lol

If your lucky get a cushy posting that will give you some flexi time and offer your services to local companies for free.

I did the big step in the middle of a credit crunch, wife pregnant and moved to france.

Business is very slow but i should get my alaskan mill this week to try and make the odd table.

In the meantime good luck and stag on.

Shep

just take as many courses as you can on your resettlement & your be fine as you've said your not scared of graft & willing to start at the bottom & i think most good companies would take on a ex soldier mature,disiplined & willing to graft what more could they ask for:thumbup:

respect

i wish you well in your new career:thumbup:

Grumpydave, I start at Merrist Wood on the 22 Feb for resettlement and will leave the Navy after 27 years in September so I may have some idea of how you feel - to be honest I cant wait to get started either, good luck, I hope you have as much success as I would like for me:thumbup:

Hi all,

Cheers for all the advice and comments , really appreciate people taking time to answer my questions and give their opinion.

Shep i'm pretty much same as u, my g/f is pregnant too, due the day i leave the Army. Also in middle of a divorce too. dont do things by half me!!

But to be honest just makes me more determined!! with regards cushy posting the army dont give a toss, they working me to death till i go on my resettlement leave.

Does anyone know of any good companies or have any contacts in dorset area?? I'm about to start contacting companies to arrange some work experience / taster days. but last thing i wanna do is get in with bad company and learn bad habits or have bad experiences before i even start!!! As i'm sure they'll be cowboys out there just like there is in all industries!!

Cheers and best regards

Dave