Advice required

A data sheet is a bit thin on the ground as it's made by ABX in Czechoslovakia and called a Arktis.

It's 2.5-7 Kw, so could be getting a bit toasty and melting the silicone sealant. 1st port of call is the installer, take plenty more pictures and see what they say.

Twin wall can and does get very hot depending on the install, but the installer has his name on the job so it's up to them to sort it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Hang on a minute, if we're having a dumpster fire of all my botches and bodged the least I'd do is do mine in the field out back. I like a warm bed but even I have limits 😉.

Oh if that goop catches fire, putting out fumes, or starts running down the wall cavity into other things .... then 'a warm bed' might not be the only thing heating up 😱

Might the installer have used a bitumen sealant as a waterproofer on the external side of the wall? 

Personally I wouldn't use it again until you figure out where the issue is coming from. 

There are better sealants on the market than the one shown, some "hot" applications only refer to heat generated by plumbing systems. There is a specific high temp sealant for flexi seals (where a flue comes out of a roof) they are generally good for 300°+

When one of our burners was installed, the installer filled the gap between stove body and chimney collar with some black siliconey stuff. It melted, ran onto the stove top and smelt horrible and chemically when I lit the fire. Installer claimed it was a bad batch of sealant and replaced it, and it's been fine since. I did wonder if he'd put the wrong stuff in.

Call your installer...