1998 stihl 044

Gareth 85

16 minutes ago, pleasant said:

All I was really stating, it was a pity to put to work an old machine like that, which in that condition is pretty rare and would interest collectors to have as a 'shelf queen'

Well he beat them to it and looks like he's happy with it.

I wish my shelf queen 395 cost £200. 😭

5 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Well he beat them to it and looks like he's happy with it.

I wish my shelf queen 395 cost £200. 😭

Yup....that is a steal. Would have ended up on one of my shelves if I had got in first. Interesting to know how the OP came across it. Somebody didn't know it's true value.

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

That’s more like it! 

Now the op can really feel like he’s kicked himself in the balls. 🤣

Lol..fk...I didn't even think of looking ..it was still in the plastic box in the cardboard one lol 

I was impressed with it tho straight out of the box.. old lady customer had it wnd said her husband bought I'd and passed soon after.. she said I want 200 I nearly said its not enough lol  😆 

Well it's Been used to cut up two conifers now lol

1 hour ago, pleasant said:

Yup....that is a steal. Would have ended up on one of my shelves if I had got in first. Interesting to know how the OP came across it. Somebody didn't know it's true value.

Mate it Its mad..about a year ago I came across a near new ms361...I 💯 loved that saw and the 362 is not close to as good as the 361.  I couldn't believe it after they were produced for a limiter time due to bearing issues