crane on small tipper trailer

clueless

hello all

is anybody running (or has run) something like a 4 ton dropside tipper in conjunction with a 3point linkage crane?

i'm having difficulty getting my 10ton double dropside trailer round our woods and am thinking of downsizing although the reason i was holding on to the 10ton trailer was to put a crane on it.

i need something that tips and thats compact enough to get round but has enough reach to use the crane on its own (with a chipper).

hope that makes sense!

was thinking of pairing something like dumper_main.jpg with barnbarroch-001.JPG

cheers

How big is the timber you're extracting? Is this your main line of work or just a one off? For one off jobs I've done a lot of extracting with 3 - 4 tonne dumpers - small, compact, and can tip! Could always hand ball the wood into a dumper then tip into a bigger trailer on a loading ramp roadside. Hard graft but surprising what you can shift for minimum cost, 3 tonne dumper will run all day on a gallon of red.:thumbup1:

its for use extracting our thinnings for processing so its only small stuff up to 14" what the processor can take. thing is the crane needs to be a log crane type as i need to be able to swing brash about (hence why i'm looking at crane feeding a chipper) and also need to pick up cobbles and boudlers (what is being exposed during thinning out - lots of stone on the floor which then makes it impossible to mow to keep the weeds down). i have spoken to SWB in detail about this and the 'weld a hiab onto a trailer' route probably wont get me what i want (i.e. speed and versatility)

looks like it could be useful yes. couple of things though..

any more pics of the trailer?

have you got tipping sides?

is the hitch set up for a mog (i.e. would i have to b*stardise it to fit a normal ag tractor?)

whats it like offroad (clearance etc) as i'd be pulling it through some chunky gear.

oh yeah how much money do you want for it?

nice rig you got there i bet your sorry to see it go?

pm me if you like

cheers

looks like it could be useful yes. couple of things though..

any more pics of the trailer?

pm me your email

have you got tipping sides?

could weld galv sheet on inside of bolsters

is the hitch set up for a mog (i.e. would i have to b*stardise it to fit a normal ag tractor?)

ag tractor hitch

whats it like offroad (clearance etc) as i'd be pulling it through some chunky gear.

same as 6 tonne ag trailer (thats what chasis is off)

oh yeah how much money do you want for it?

nice rig you got there i bet your sorry to see it go?

am sorry to see it go but do different work now so not used

pm me if you like

cheers

cheers, Dave