Does Hyundai have a technical support that I could approach for advice?

Dave47

Hi

I purchased this chainsaw (Hyundai P6220C) and found an issue with it, the retailer tells me its ok but I don’t agree. Does Hyundai have a technical support that I could approach for advice?

The issue: the online videos and the manual that came with the machine states that during use there should be an oil splatter from the chain, and to adjust this flow there is a screw on the base of the machine. When I looked for this adjuster on the base, I could see the hole in the plastic cover and direction for increasing and decreasing the flow. However, there isn’t a slotted screw head and no hole for it in the metal case. When I brought this to the attention of the retailer he asked me to empty the oil reservoir and see if the pipe (leading to the adjuster) is connected. What I found was the adjuster screw attached to the rubber pipe rolled up and connected at the other where the oil would exit to the chain. On learning this they provided a replacement. When the replacement arrived, to my disbelief it was exactly the same. Their response to this is ‘I think the pipe is meant to be like that’. And try using again to see if oil comes out.

As you can appreciate, I’m pretty sceptical about this based on what the manual states and the fact that there are instructions on the base of the machine where the adjuster should be. I’m also puzzled as to why the second machine is the same? Has the design changed, if so why hasn’t the manual?

2 hours ago, petercb said:

No they are now automatic oilers as in the product description, I have the HYC6220 and it's automatic. I'llhave a look in the oil tank when it's empty and see what the pickup is like. Obviously they haven't uppdated the manual.

All my Husqvarna are automatic oilers but you can still adjust the rate ...

I would say that all modern machines have "automatic oilers".....that is they oil only when the chain is spinning taking the drive from the clutch drum.

Oilers that run all the time...like on early Stihl 024s were more common in the 70s and 80s and ones with manual pumps you actuate with a pumping action more common on much earlier saws and the 70-80s biggest saws used for felling/milling to assist the longest bars.

It is most likely the saw oils only when the chain is spinning. Some lower cost saws have a fixed oiler and the more semi to full pro saws have adjustable oilers.

Check the oiler hole in the bar and ensure it is clear. Check the oiling Chanel is free of chip, put the cover back on and adjust the chain tension......the way to check the oiler is to point the bar bottom tip at a clean surface, piece of wood etc and rev the saw hard. You should see a line of oil form within a few seconds. It will take a little longer if the oil tank has been emptied but no more than 15 seconds.

Thanks for your replies but I have now managed to sort out the issue.

It turns out that I had got it wrong due to the confusing layout and advice from the retailer. I have attached photos of what I was faced with. The fist images shows the underside of the machine with symbols to increase and decrease the flow of oil. Because the hole in the plastic was directly between them I assumed that this is where the adjustment was located.

I explained this to the retailer and instead of telling me that this was not the location of the adjuster, I was asked to empty out the oil and look for a pipe. This I found rolled up in the reservoir with a screw head attached at one end and sent him a photo of it (photo 2).  Thinking that this was the missing adjuster I asked why was it floating around in the oil rather than being accessible from the outside. Based on this the saw was replaced.

Today I found a video on the internet that explained about this adjustment, though it wasn’t too clear, I could see that he went down the side of the machine to make the adjustment. Had a second look on the saw and found that it was indeed located at the side. (photo 3)

Sorry to mess you guy's around with this but glad it is now sorted. 

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dave47 said:

Thanks for your replies but I have now managed to sort out the issue.

It turns out that I had got it wrong due to the confusing layout and advice from the retailer. I have attached photos of what I was faced with. The fist images shows the underside of the machine with symbols to increase and decrease the flow of oil. Because the hole in the plastic was directly between them I assumed that this is where the adjustment was located.

I explained this to the retailer and instead of telling me that this was not the location of the adjuster, I was asked to empty out the oil and look for a pipe. This I found rolled up in the reservoir with a screw head attached at one end and sent him a photo of it (photo 2).  Thinking that this was the missing adjuster I asked why was it floating around in the oil rather than being accessible from the outside. Based on this the saw was replaced.

Today I found a video on the internet that explained about this adjustment, though it wasn’t too clear, I could see that he went down the side of the machine to make the adjustment. Had a second look on the saw and found that it was indeed located at the side. (photo 3)

Sorry to mess you guy's around with this but glad it is now sorted. 

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

Glad you got it sorted .