346xp issues

Craigb

So you guys have probably heard all this before but here goes. Black pipe from tank to carb, next is the breather then a clear pipe. My clear pipe goes nowhere and has a bolt in it. If I put it on the little nipple it leaks petrol. It's a 2002 model. No decomp or primer bulb. It fires up nicely from cold or hot. But once heated up the chain advances at idle. I've adjusted the screw so it stops but the warmer it gets the worse the advancing get to the point where its actually able to cut. The boot has no splits and the fuel lines and impulse line have no splits. The cylinder is on solid. I'm struggling. 

If you have no purge bulb there should no clear hose, if the saw has had a new tank it will have the return hose connection on the tank, these are blanked off an only opened if you have a purge, saws racing on idle is more than likely an air leak, or it could be fuel starvation, check the simple things first, fuel filter in the tank blocked? tank breather blocked ? dirt in the carb screen? stiff metering diaphragm, if all ok then air leak, leaking seal, blown gasket.

Could be a leaking crank seal;)

The most common issue is a split impulse nipple on the top of the manifold. The second most common is the manifold has been fitted incorrectly and the impulse nipple is distorted, after that, leaking manifold, dodgy crank seal (Although that NEVER happens) and the impulse line between the carb union and cylinder union can come off.

My money is on a split manifold or badly fitted one - the former isn't easy to see!!

When you fit the new inlet manifold (Bellows), fit it without the plastic bits on it and make sure the nipple that pushes in to the hole below the inlet port is pushed home nice and snug before the plastic parts are fitted. This is the correct way, pre assembly tends to squash the nipple on fitting and YES STUBBY....I did say NIPPLE;)

Good luck with the clamp - I use a pair of mini plumbers adjustable grips!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, spudulike said:

When you fit the new inlet manifold (Bellows), fit it without the plastic bits on it and make sure the nipple that pushes in to the hole below the inlet port is pushed home nice and snug before the plastic parts are fitted. This is the correct way, pre assembly tends to squash the nipple on fitting and YES STUBBY....I did say NIPPLE;)

Good luck with the clamp - I use a pair of mini plumbers adjustable grips!

No ! Seriously  Steve you freekin said nipple ! Were are the mods when you need them ? 

• Haha 1