BIG Elms

benhudson treeworks

we don't bother with all that we just sing the coffee and tea song realy LOUDLY. 'i like coffee, i like tea' it usally gets the desired result:star:

On occasion i'll drink offered insipid brew by client out of politeness, but prefer my own.

I only choose the finest beans and have them ground to perfection.

I'm a professional and only the best will do.

We obviously need a brew thread, to educate on how to make a perfect work brew.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony Tony, I have'nt even bothered to look at the link, i'm well aware of jetbroils coffee press.

I use Smart Cafe mugs at work if I want a long coffee, and a small Trangia kettle, I can boil as quickly as a jet boil, its more compact and easier to clean.

http://www.smartcafe.co.uk/products/hot_cafetiere_mugs.asp

Hey. Each to his own.

You like coffee

I like coffee

Its all good.:beerchug:

what is this all about.

the thread seems to be about people who believe they wear their nuts on the out side coz they are gonna take down big trees and people jumping on board and saying how they want to help. this is all s''t got money on it some of these people have 'tree care' in their names or on advertising and i see no care in removing trees coz of the age. obviously i havent seen them and cant say but all old trees hollow for stability purposes and i see no remarks as to using them for conservation or allowing the trees to live on except as log wood. in the industry where we are all to happy to criticise up and coming lads and people who we class as pikeys we even slate female climbers and generally put people down. well this i see as no exception to general pikey work. some bloke who is to wrapped up in tv and people patting him on the back and not actually thinking about the trees that were here before him and should be here after him because he seems to believe that he has some devine power over determining the fate of a feat of nature. examples of the brilliants of trees should be promoted and made for people to see why we have the facination that we do. not so we can talk crap in the pub to people who dont care. i see this as no great achievement but as another failing in our industry. the slap dash attitude and self belief of greatness over nature. makes us no better than people who plough through woodlands to build a road. just the thoughts and opinions of a guy who actually cares about the job he does.

Welcome to arbtalk mate, after reading through your thread it seems you might have the wrong idea about us, we all care about trees and take pride on what we do. The elms are on their way out and unfortunatly need to be removed, yes they have had a good innings but they cant live for ever. As climbers its not often we get a chance to work on something as big as that over here hence the buzz. as fo pikeys, if they didnt undercut and mutilate the trees they work on giving us a bad reputation.

what is this all about.

the thread seems to be about people who believe they wear their nuts on the out side coz they are gonna take down big trees and people jumping on board and saying how they want to help. this is all s''t got money on it some of these people have 'tree care' in their names or on advertising and i see no care in removing trees coz of the age. obviously i havent seen them and cant say but all old trees hollow for stability purposes and i see no remarks as to using them for conservation or allowing the trees to live on except as log wood. in the industry where we are all to happy to criticise up and coming lads and people who we class as pikeys we even slate female climbers and generally put people down. well this i see as no exception to general pikey work. some bloke who is to wrapped up in tv and people patting him on the back and not actually thinking about the trees that were here before him and should be here after him because he seems to believe that he has some devine power over determining the fate of a feat of nature. examples of the brilliants of trees should be promoted and made for people to see why we have the facination that we do. not so we can talk crap in the pub to people who dont care. i see this as no great achievement but as another failing in our industry. the slap dash attitude and self belief of greatness over nature. makes us no better than people who plough through woodlands to build a road. just the thoughts and opinions of a guy who actually cares about the job he does.

we all do care but we also come on line for some light banter with fellow peers this is often done tounge in cheek!!!! take a chill pill!!!!

Welcome to arbtalk mate, after reading through your thread it seems you might have the wrong idea about us, we all care about trees and take pride on what we do. The elms are on their way out and unfortunatly need to be removed, yes they have had a good innings but they cant live for ever. As climbers its not often we get a chance to work on something as big as that over here hence the buzz. as fo pikeys, if they didnt undercut and mutilate the trees they work on giving us a bad reputation.

exactly:icon14: