Major Hang Up!!

Blenheim Forestry

I know u said its too narrow to fell, but i'm guessing ur talking about towards the boy in the black hat/fence to left of photo or women in back ground.

Could u fell it it towards where the camera is standing??

U most likely would near a pull/winch line at 30-45 degrees ish to line of fall ( far side from fence) if not 2, to protect fence from any side pressure.

And leave a big hinge on that side too and fell with a holding cut so ur in a safe position as much as possible

We had a big oak with a broken top on it hung up a while back, had an 8T skidder winch on it and really surprised the top never even moved and tractor was shaking.

Granted the line of pull was not ideal but best we could get staying safe had a far better hold than expected, we thought it would fly out.

Ended up using the cherry picker which would be a good suggestion for u.

Or possibly can u climb the gum tree the top is stuck in safely and cut top in a way to get it on the deck, keeping urself safe?

Might be a bit of a big stem for a pikey stick

If i was going to try and pull the broken part down i think i would be pulling it away from the stem not down towards the base.

I could see pulling it to the base too much chance off it just going tight sitting on an ugly step or spiky bit and i would be wanting the rope as close to main stem as possible,.

If ur anchor point is further away on the broken top ands ur anchor is at the base ur actually pulling the top into the stem as well as down, 

Looking at photo not the way i would do it but then again always dangerous judging purely of a photo

If ur not confident and have plenty other work on u can always walk away.

If it would not fell towards the camera i would be looking at a mwep if that prices me out the job fair enough