Stihl 084 bar on Husky 2100

openspaceman

2 hours ago, spudulike said:

Seen it all before....even old iron is still damn effective on this sort of work. 

920 for £100....even on eBay, that should do double that!

Here you go, just spotted this by coincidence, he's also selling what looks like a whole vintage collection plus a lot of spares👍

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

5 Horsepower. A beautiful early & highly sought after saw from Jonsereds with all Mag/Alloy construction. Simply Stunning...

2 minutes ago, Macpherson said:

Here you go, just spotted this by coincidence, he's also selling what looks like a whole vintage collection plus a lot of spares👍

5 Horsepower. A beautiful early & highly sought after saw from Jonsereds with all Mag/Alloy construction. Simply Stunning...

Snot mine. This one was brought in for repair and only needed a ring but once running the young lady didn't want it back. It is by no means immaculate and the carb could do with overhaul as it is a problem to start from cold which I put down to poor pump diaphragm. Once running it's fine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Snot mine. This one was brought in for repair and only needed a ring but once running the young lady didn't want it back. It is by no means immaculate and the carb could do with overhaul as it is a problem to start from cold which I put down to poor pump diaphragm. Once running it's fine.

That's how I got my Jonsereds's 😄 this ones less than an hour from me I'm sorely tempted but I think the only other saw I need is an 881.

If it's any help I recently bought a carb kit on ebay for my Jonsered 49 from china, arrived quite quickly and it came with absolutely everything and a lot of extras for Tillotson variations.

12 hours ago, Macpherson said:

That's how I got my Jonsereds's 😄 this ones less than an hour from me I'm sorely tempted but I think the only other saw I need is an 881.

If it's any help I recently bought a carb kit on ebay for my Jonsered 49 from china, arrived quite quickly and it came with absolutely everything and a lot of extras for Tillotson variations.

What happened to Tillotson, I'd have been far happier buying the bits from Ireland.

The thing is it works and I'll hardly ever use it so simply not worth fettling it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Huh I didn't realise it wasn't and Irish company, still better than chinese

Had another look and they are Irish, and have manufacturing facilities in Ireland, America, Argentina and China, also say's that they make a point of supporting their older products.. who'd  have known, cheers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/03/2022 at 18:58, Steven1210 said:

Your more than welcome, glad I could help.

Steve

As the recent weather had dried out the track I returned today with the 2100, Steve's chain catcher and Stihl bar with adapter. It ran with no problems.1953362112_Screenshotfrom2022-03-2821-17-00.thumb.png.57ce49497209834dc260cfe0f2b01894.png

Chain brake not functional but I doubt I'll find one and you can see where I smashed the top cover and fuel tank when my axe glanced off a log some 30 years ago.

• Like 6