Meindl boot mid sole decay

Tom morrison

15 minutes ago, departed said:

How do Arborec fellhunters fit compared to meindl or haix?
I usually wear meindl wood walkers but they don’t stay waterproof for very long and I like the look of the fellhunters’ extra height for ankle support.
Thanks.

I find them the same fit as Haix (when some others had to have Haix a size up).

The fell hunters do feel a bit big and clumpy when new but soon ease up and it is good to be able to walk through deep slop and keep warm dry feet 😀 

I find them the same fit as Haix (when some others had to have Haix a size up).
The fell hunters do feel a bit big and clumpy when new but soon ease up and it is good to be able to walk through deep slop and keep warm dry feet [emoji3] 

Thanks for that. I reckon I’ll give them a go.
My trouble is that I’ll have to drive an hour to try a pair hence normally sticking with what I know will fit.
Cheers matey.

• 5 months later...

My haix went exactly the same, hardly worn and spent more time in the rack than on my feet, wasnt used in a work environment must now I'm just pottering. Got in touch with Haix and all they said was return them to germany and we will let you know the cost. I did honestly expect more from a top boot. Never will I buy another Haix.

My son had a pair of dewalt work boots and the soles just went the same, only a year old and not abused, dewalt said they were only designed to last 6 months...... really🤯

When I get a boot I expect it to last, or maybe I'm just old and the modern trend is to keep buying new🤔

• 1 year later...

I bought a pair of Meindl Bhutan boots last year which only lasted 13 months before the sole on one boot came loose at the mid-sole point. These are my 3rd pair of Bhutan’s and this has never happened before. I had thought Meindl was a quality brand, for boots heading up to £300 this is disappointing.  Guarantee period is 12 months.