Hey Tom, I 've nicked your stick!

TimberCutterDartmoor

I hate you all and im going to sit in the corner in a huff now until you have all gone away and stopped picking on me.......

:laugh1::laugh1::thumbup:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha , tom has more than enough soft wood to be milling at the moment , go on john log the rest up ha ha ha

dont tell me you gave him some massive pine tree

or were they secretly burried to prevent any photographic evidence:blushing::thumbup:

tom you wanna see who is getting the timber from holden hill in exeter , went past one of their sites on friday and there is lots of decent timber comming out

Nice one. Ill put some feelers out.:thumbup1:

Who's doing the radiata clearance on the A30?

tom you wanna see who is getting the timber from holden hill in exeter , went past one of their sites on friday and there is lots of decent timber comming out

My very first forestry work was up there for a guy called Dave Lewis of B&L Forestry, Launceston. Think he's gone to Oz now. Piece work on small larch and hemlock; he had 20 blokes on for him that year (95 I think). I agree; there is some quality timber up there but some crap too; remember doing a valuation on corsican pine - bl*£dy stuff!

they are currently havesting down by belvidear house , mainly big timber from what i could see - clear fell site. did you ever come accros a guy called rodger bloy (well i think thats how its spelt) ? he was just outside launceston , i did a weeks trial but was not at all keen

Nope not heard of him. The most memorable guy working for Dave back then was a veteran of a cutter if ever there ws one called Ron; 6' and skinny as a rake, buck teeth, weathered features. He was basically a human harvester - 120 trees a day no problem. Up on Soussons, he lived IN the wood - no kidding: went to the pub for his tea and then back to his corrugated shack the size of tent and crashed on a bale of straw I kid you not and up at first light to cut cut cut. Husky 254 was the internal combustion part of his body if I remember rightly. Lots of Jonsereds around then too... good memories.