Veterans- The ultimate survivors

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not certain, I don't associate Rigidiporous with sheets to be honest. Also I thought it tended to have a more 'moist' and fibrous decay? The sheets were from higher up the tree at the crown break, in the base of the main branches.

Would you mind pointing out the adusta for me? Is that the one which I can never remember which parasitizes the Trametes?

Cheers Tony :thumbup:

Here are some pictures of a stunning veteran Ash(IMO)in Deepest darkest devon..hope you all enjoy them.I particularly like the regen.pic.:biggrin:

as do I, I have conversations with arbs all the time regarding trees with wounds like that before the regeneration, so many seem to lack the vision of the futures for trees in what appears at the face value and time like an irreversible situation!

trees have a lot of time, time man rarely "gets"

as do I, I have conversations with arbs all the time regarding trees with wounds like that before the regeneration, so many seem to lack the vision of the futures for trees in what appears at the face value and time like an irreversible situation!

trees have a lot of time, time man rarely "gets"

Its difficult to gets ones thoughts around that tree time scale of things,I find.I suppose the more time and effort one puts into being in and on and around incredible trees like this,the more one slows down to appreciate their complexity.wish I had more time to understand..wish I had more of a vision too!

Tree time is immense :thumbup: hard at times to relate to and put in perspective.

No not certain, I don't associate Rigidiporous with sheets to be honest. Also I thought it tended to have a more 'moist' and fibrous decay? The sheets were from higher up the tree at the crown break, in the base of the main branches.

Would you mind pointing out the adusta for me? Is that the one which I can never remember which parasitizes the Trametes?

Cheers Tony :thumbup:

Any thoughts on this Mr Croft? And where is that adusta?!?! :banghead:

Am I being blind :confused:

Tree time is immense :thumbup: hard at times to relate to and put in perspective.

Any thoughts on this Mr Croft? And where is that adusta?!?! :banghead:

Am I being blind :confused:

rigi results in mycelial mass, at times, if it drys it will become sheets.

as for the bjerkandera its just an illusion, the underside shot think its fith from last shows a grey hue (hence name being smokey bracket but i see in this case you have top side shot also and appears to be aged trametes versicolour so I made a naughty assumption:blushing:

Enjoying this thread so much i'm off out veteran spotting before the sun sets! I hadn't realized how extensive the maps of recorded vet are now and all available online. Great thanks to all those involved in mapping and sharing the pics on here. I shall endever to share a few pics in due course.

Matt

• 5 months later...