Worst question ever....

Cuttup

16 minutes ago, doobin said:

Yup, echo seem tough and offer a five year domestic/two year commercial warranty. 

People always seem to struggle to get spares for them though

3 hours ago, Cuttup said:

Aye. There some merit in these ideas. Thanks.

Have you physically used a 135 Doobin? I had the pleasure of trying to help fix someone else's 235... there are no words.

I've been using mine for years now and only had to change the plug and take the clutch off for greasing and neither of those were any great hardship

4 hours ago, doobin said:

Husky 135. Beats the stihl 181 imho, and I have a lot of stihl. 

I prefer my 135 to my mate's MS181which is a bit temperamental starting and bogs no matter what we do with it. I have a few larger Stihl which are good saws. I don't like cutting pallets with the chainsaw though I'd rather break them up with a bar.

Edited by peatff

Husky 135. Beats the stihl 181 imho, and I have a lot of stihl. 

I really like my wee 181. Constantly amazes me what I can get it to do. Due to its lightness I’ll sooner pick it it up over my 034. Saying that I had my 034 with an 18” bar burried to the balls in oak and it just keeps spitting out the chip.

• 1 month later...

435 is a great saw. I've just replaced mine with a 445 as I have been using it on more forestry stuff for snedding as I really like the way it handles, starts just by looking at it and is built well like the bigger pro saws. Just wanted a little more HP that I get from the 445, but it will rinse through pallets obviously and can tackle decent logs. Mine is available if youre interested... 

On 13/11/2021 at 18:09, peatff said:

. I don't like cutting pallets with the chainsaw though I'd rather break them up with a bar.

This is true.. despite my love for the 435 it's actually what I do now. We get alot of pallets so I break them with a big bar, keep the best wood for projects, burn the rest. Less mess and more fuel as there's no wastage.