Greenmech Timberwolf or forst

Connagh

3 hours ago, Connagh said:

The arborist is around 14 plus vat and the Timberwolf160 I’ve been offered is 11,500 plus vat 

Arborist 130?
We have a 2017 Arborist 150 diesel mk2 for sale in the later green / grey colours. New brakes, flywheel bearings, mudguards, wheel, blades etc. Ready to go. £9,995 ex vat. 
UK delivery and warranty available. 

Just advertised it today on the various Facebook pages. Happy to email / send full information and pictures. 

Edited by GA Groundcare

19 minutes ago, Connagh said:

What hours has it done? Just spoken to friend who also has the same machine 2017 model for 9,000 which has only done around 200 hours since new 

regards 

So it’s 2nd hand you want🤔. I thought your price comparison was initially a big difference. The best of luck making any sense of the 2nd hand market. Big differences from dealer to dealer or private, high hours/ low hours makes no difference the prices are a lottery and there is no correlation or scaling between age, hours, tidy or scruffy and it’s worse over the last 18 months with delivery times for new machines being extended and blamed on steel and component suppliers - and that’s the same for whatever piece of plant you want to purchase chippers, trailer and mini diggers etc. I think the bottom line is you decide what chipper you would like, scan the market, and go for a gut decision  on age, condition, hours, service history and dealer/ back up for spares and if it’s what you want - compare the market meerkats don’t have a place in plant and equipment. Auction prices are fetching stupid money with most equipment selling unseen with decisions made from crap photos and very brief descriptions - no attending in person 😳. Because of delivery times on new kit prices are going up for 2nd hand kit over the last 18 months and look set to keep climbing. 

I know what your saying 

I know my friends machine has been really well looked after maintained properly are barely used. The Timberwolf for 11,500 plus the vat is a good price but I’m not vat registered so I won’t be able to claim that back. Where as the fact I’m only going to be using it once a week at most probably once a month in the summer when we’re gardening. It’s not really worth me spending too much money I’ve used gravity fed, and can’t believe I haven’t got arthritis in my hands already bloody hate gravity fed machines. I know even a second hand machine will probably see me through at least 10 years if it’s looked after and regularly serviced.