Mystery apple variety

sime42

Theese shapes whilst ID-ing  may be is useful e.g  think Greensleeves isn't right shape?

oblate apple -- appears as a flattened circleoblong apple - appears as an oval appleroundish conical apple - appears as a round apple with a tapered endround apple

ribbed or lobed apple - appears as an apple with various bumps or bulges

Greensleeves looks abit oblate OP's apple looks more  roundish conical verging on oblong?

Cordon Apple 'Greensleeves'

This yellow golden delicious  looks more the right shape but skin looks too waxy imo (skin being waxy or not another ID method)

Organic Golden Delicious Apples - Biosüdtirol - Bio apples from South Tyrol

Edited by Stere

Cheers gents. Some good suggestions here. I'm still favouring the first one, the Pitmaston Pineapple, as the strongest contender. All others are not the right size, colour or shape. (I agree Stere; I'm looking at a roundish conical verging on oblong).
I think the Mrs has already pre-ordered a PP for early next year anyway, so that's the decision pretty much made!
This little IDing exercise has piqued my interest in heritage apple varieties. I'll try to make it along to an Apple Day somewhere next year.

• Like 1

a few years back one of my late customers had a unusual apple tree she ended up sending a apple and a few leaves off to some organization  (cant remember who) and they got quite excited about it turned out it was what they thought was a extinct  variety   they came and took loads cuttings to propagate don't know what root stock they used she got about a dozen back as i had to plant them  

• Like 2