Hamadryads fungus diary

Spectacular!!!!!

Usually only see the "black death carpet" and then it's too late :(

Just a routine spring trim of hedges, but i did the better of the beeches in my reduction thread there last year and never can resist a look about at lunchtimes for additional archival shots!

im getting a bit fed up with wasting my time pruning though! should be out surveying and assessing

Based on the situation I'm in at the moment if you need someone to "watch the trees" I'll happily donate my time...

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one will give me that job david, Ive tried soooooooooooo hard, degree will alter that, long time coming though!:thumbdown:

Get the PTI under your belt, up the insurance and go get the work.

You gotta start somewhere.

Degree will open the bigger doors when time is right.

Tony, you'd deffo pass the Id, the written is pretty straight forward just cram tha course work in the evenings ( Mattheck etc....)

The hard bit is the time constraint on doing the inspections, don't waste too much time on getting exact height, spread and site data.

Spend the time on evaluation & mangement.

Don't overlook any faults, biomechanics etc...

Get out in the woods pre course, find some good sized specimens (Beech, Oak, Cedar, Sycamore etc...) and practice VTA on a pro-forma (either put one together or I could Pm you one)

Try get it down to 20 -30 mins per tree.

I'd imagine you've got most of the "key books" for the course.

Getting back on topic.......

Starting to see Tripe all over the place, had pulled over to have a look at a wild Alder transplant I put in a few years back. Ended up on the phone talking shop with a colleague, looking around whilst on the blower, there were three mature Ash around me with it covering large prunning wounds.

How many mega pix & what optical zoom on the camera Tony?

Edited by Monkey-D

Yep theres soooooooooooooo much tripe about at the mo, mental aint it, and it LOVES ash it seems.

12 mega pixels and i think five times zoom?

are you thinking of having one of the DMC's?

Stuck between getting one of the Panasonic lumix or stepping up to one of the Cannon Ds.

Trouble is size really.

You know what it's like taking huge numbers of shots, dragging round the parafinailier of a big cam is not very efficient