Yard clearance

Vikki

I don't know whether anybody here is interested but we are going to start clearing tree surgeon's yards of waste logs for Biomass. We have done it before but had to stop due to winning a large contract. Now that we are sorted we are trying to build up our stocks again.

We just wan't to see what sort of interest we would get from here.

Many thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always interested and I know some others that might be too down this way so it depends on your distances, quantities/volumes and time scales. Already talking to another company offering a similar service, they will come in and clear our yard foc when we have 50+ tonne of log. Would take chip too but we would have to store that as well and provide loader so may be limited for space.

Always interested and I know some others that might be too down this way so it depends on your distances, quantities/volumes and time scales. Already talking to another company offering a similar service, they will come in and clear our yard foc when we have 50+ tonne of log. Would take chip too but we would have to store that as well and provide loader so may be limited for space.

have i got this right they will clear your yard for the wood ?

Edited by Johny Walker

I'd push to get paid for it if I were you guys, even if it's a pound a ton. Don't give away logwood anymore but be realistic. Clean woodchip you should be getting 6.00 a ton minimum for it. I organise this alot for my clients nationwide.

Vikki, do you have a contract direct with Slough or are you going through Charles Dunn / Steve Owen at Shredco ?

It's usually chipped on site into walking floor lorries, rubbish chip goes straight to the big power stations and no there isn't much money in it.

The decent woodchip produced usually from dried roundwood goes to smaller high spec boilers and is worth much much more.

Logwood nearly always produces rubbish chip due to it being chipped down the grain etc, even screened biomass chippers produce slivers with log wood although it can be screened.

The profit is made with immense volumes mate. Ton many people at it mate, fighting over not much material. It'll all come crashing down in the next few years I reckon.

Do you take:

broken rakes

chain oil drums

plastic 2 stroke bottles

coke cans

worn out chains

disgarded chainsaw parts

pallets

oily rags

old engines etc.

If so, I know a few people who could do with their yards tidied. A good sweep and ironicaly, a bit of a go with the strimmer wouldn't hurt too.