Sign in to follow this  
dig-dug-dan

Cabstar nt400 problem

2 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

@dig-dug-dan Did this get sorted?

Yes and no.

Nissan customer services have been as much help as they can, but have failed to get me replacement vehicle. It's now been a week, and I had to phone the garage myself only to be told its middle of next week now. I'm going to hire a van and charge it back to them.

But, the fault is a blown egr pipe and gasket. They told me its a common fault!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Yes and no.

Nissan customer services have been as much help as they can, but have failed to get me replacement vehicle. It's now been a week, and I had to phone the garage myself only to be told its middle of next week now. I'm going to hire a van and charge it back to them.

But, the fault is a blown egr pipe and gasket. They told me its a common fault!

How on earth that is a fault that isn't a next day fix I have no idea... You would think (like with any other company) they would get parts in the next day. I had an issue with my X-trail, the boost sensor went and they cross referenced the part numbers, knew the engine was in the renault master series so they got the boost sensor on trade price from Renault and then sold it to me at cost price when the vehicle is 12 years old. Whole thing was fixed in a couple of hours. You must have a crap dealer 👎

On another note. Did they say what part of the egr pipe went? I wonder if you can blank both ends of it (seeing as it's already remaped so i assume the egr is always at 0%) and save a "common problem" from happening again. 

Edited by Paddy1000111
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

How on earth that is a fault that isn't a next day fix I have no idea... You would think (like with any other company) they would get parts in the next day. I had an issue with my X-trail, the boost sensor went and they cross referenced the part numbers, knew the engine was in the renault master series so they got the boost sensor on trade price from Renault and then sold it to me at cost price when the vehicle is 12 years old. Whole thing was fixed in a couple of hours. You must have a crap dealer 👎

On another note. Did they say what part of the egr pipe went? I wonder if you can blank both ends of it (seeing as it's already remaped so i assume the egr is always at 0%) and save a "common problem" from happening again. 

Well, where to start.......

There is no Nissan dealer that can service or do warranty work to The nt400. They all refuse, they say it's because it wont fit on their ramps. It fits on the mot ramp, but they wont use that otherwise they cannot do mot's! 

So it ends up at place that normally fixes lorries, which is approved to do warranty work. This place has nt400's coming in from all over the country.

They have to follow a process and replace parts according to Nissan,  and get the parts from them. There is a massive supply problem. My mates went in with an engine light on, adblue heater pipe. He was to,d it could take three months to get the part. He went back and took the truck away, telling them we dont need an adblue heater this time of year. Hes already had a new injector and pump for the adblue system.

I am now at the stage of junking a two year old truck and buying something else. I appreciate things go wrong, but the complete lack of customer service from Nissan, and the lack of supplying any loan vehicle just tips me over the edge.

Yes I might look into the egr blanking idea. I had an engine code of a nox heater sensor, which happens to be the one in the exhaust just before the egr. Could this have caused the issue?? If it's in the exhaust system, how can it be blanked off?

I assume the nox sensor is connected to the dpf though which unless you've had hollowed out (which would also mean you didn't need adblue) would mean that you need it 👎 put me off the nv400 though 😳