Longleat Safari park!

Mozza

Me and the mrs have been talking and we're going to be taking her lad Jack here in the summer, I know its a long time off but just thought id ask if anyones been?? Does anyone know of any good accommodation near the place?? Any caravan/camp sites??

Probably will end up going down for a week or so, Maybe a long weekend so we can have a good look round and chill out :thumbup1:

Longleat has one of the best caravan sites in the country but you need to be a member of the caravan club. It would be worth joining just to go there as it is 100yrds from the attractions.

you can get a passport for the year with 15 rides for each person 4 people £80 or £20 worth of tesco clubcard vouchers. As many entraces as u want for a year.

Longleat have there own forestry outfit which also sells logs etc well worth a visit.

Excellent day out at longleat.

Hope that helps:thumbup1:

i can highly reccomend it, really good day out, and i can also highly reccomend the centre parcs there. i also hear there is a way you can walk between the safari park and centre parcs without paying but not sure how true that is.

Mozza if you come down and want to meet up for a walk on the estate and a pint let me know nearer the time. I can show you some wicked trees.

Brokerswood Country Park - Wiltshire, Somerset and Dorset borders Is a good campsite. They have a 200 year old saw pit there and some quite nice woodland. We do a bit of tree work there when they have the money for it.

Here is the address for the closest campsite (also v.good):

Seven Acres

West Woodlands, Frome, Somerset, BA11 5EQ

01373 464 222

If your down for a while Stourhead is also very close. They have some great trees and its really worth the entrance fee. Cheddar is not to far either.

Top pubs in the area are:

Horse and groom (East woodlands)

Bath arms (Horningsham)

Red Lion (Kilmington) near stourhead.

Oh......... and if your travelling down the M5 you should plan a 1/2 hour break at the Tortworth Chestnut its only 5 minutes off the motorway at J14. One of the best veteran trees you will ever see.

Mozza me and the wife where thinking the same thing a while ago, might do it this summer we did find some nice looking self catering lodges nearby. Let us know when your going and we could meet up for a few beers-if we go depending on babysitters etc...

Mozza me and the wife where thinking the same thing a while ago, might do it this summer we did find some nice looking self catering lodges nearby. Let us know when your going and we could meet up for a few beers-if we go depending on babysitters etc...

Sweet, Ill let you know closer the time Justin :thumbup1:

Thanks for the info people, Some good stuff there :thumbup: