Employed or S/employed

Ian C

im under the impression if you draw up a contract of employment which suits you and your employee agrees and signs your ok

Yeah, its called a limited contract or so i have been told, there are rules though like min wage etc but you don't have to offer sick pay and payed holidays etc, sort of half way between s/e and employed but he is still on the books and you still have PAYE and NIC to do. A big firm near me who do insurance clean ups ofter fires and floods have my mates sis on a limited contract.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

imagine if a new gut starts for you and within 4 months says his girlfreind has just given birth and that he wants to take the 1 years maternity leave instead of her..

i think its broken down into some thing like 3 months full pay 3 months half pay and then £100 per week from there .

now that would piss me off and i would not be able to afford to pay it especialy as you then have to hire someone else..... and then he does it and so on

imagine if a new gut starts for you and within 4 months says his girlfreind has just given birth and that he wants to take the 1 years maternity leave instead of her..

i think its broken down into some thing like 3 months full pay 3 months half pay and then £100 per week from there .

now that would piss me off and i would not be able to afford to pay it especialy as you then have to hire someone else..... and then he does it and so on

Doesn't maternity leave get reclaimed from the government?

statutory maternity pay is reclaimed from the gov't, £100 ish a week for 2 weeks. Statutory Paternity Pay : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Legal holiday entitlement is appox 2 days a month including bank holidays, you can buy these off the employee, just list it in the contract. You can state when your employees take holidays (e.g. when you have hols planned or xmas) Holiday entitlements: the basics : Directgov - Employment

Statutory sick pay is again reclaimed from the gov't, you can state no sick pay if off for less than x days. Stops people knocking mondays or wet days Statutory Sick Pay : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

• 3 weeks later...