Darkslider

Some grotty photos for you to look at (scored piston content)

Fix it. The first job you do with it will pay for the repairs. Consider the matter annoying but closed. Move on.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Fix it. The first job you do with it will pay for the repairs. Consider the matter annoying but closed. Move on.

Basically this . Sorry and all that. You have been shafted no doubt .  Rubbish him om the feedback front and move on.

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Darkslider said:

Not the outcome I hoped for, the seller made sure he bleated on that 'you've taken it apart so not my problem' in every message and it looks like this is the only thing eBay have taken on board, not any of my well reasoned mechanical logic.

There's an option to appeal the decision but not sure it'll get anywhere. I should have taken some shots with the bore scope instead!

Screenshot_20210223-174321.png

'We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase. However, to return an item, it needs to be in the same condition that you received it.

After reviewing all the details of this case, we've determined that you won't receive a refund.'

The fact it is in exactly the same condition as I received it doesn't seem to matter. 

Cheers for all the comments anyhow!

43 minutes ago, Darkslider said:

Not the outcome I hoped for, the seller made sure he bleated on that 'you've taken it apart so not my problem' in every message and it looks like this is the only thing eBay have taken on board, not any of my well reasoned mechanical logic.

There's an option to appeal the decision but not sure it'll get anywhere. I should have taken some shots with the bore scope instead!

Screenshot_20210223-174321.png

'We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase. However, to return an item, it needs to be in the same condition that you received it.

After reviewing all the details of this case, we've determined that you won't receive a refund.'

The fact it is in exactly the same condition as I received it doesn't seem to matter. 

Cheers for all the comments anyhow!

ive had same ,used to buy and sell saws on ebay until idiots decided they could use saws for three weeks and then flip choke lever off and return as wont start,obviously paypal refunded money.try CAB ...distance selling and unfit for purpose..not sure whether this apllies to private sellers though.looking at amount of feedback would say they are running as business....if dont pan out new cylinder kit and manifold would still give you helluva saw  for 450 total ...could be lot worse

Sometimes it is best just to get on with it. The muffler could have been stuck back on the saw and then sent back but...you want a 200T................. one with a new top end will be a damn site better than most of the eBay ones that will have cheap Chinese top ends.A new top end makes soooooo much difference to these saws!

Get a new top end, strip it, clean it, replace all the iffy parts and you will have a decent saw and one that you know what it is made of.

It will take you days to try to get it sent back....just make it in to a real nice saw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

Sometimes it is best just to get on with it. The muffler could have been stuck back on the saw and then sent back but...you want a 200T................. one with a new top end will be a damn site better than most of the eBay ones that will have cheap Chinese top ends.A new top end makes soooooo much difference to these saws!

Get a new top end, strip it, clean it, replace all the iffy parts and you will have a decent saw and one that you know what it is made of.

It will take you days to try to get it sent back....just make it in to a real nice saw.

Cheers for the support! Still stings though as if I wanted a complete rebuild I could have bought a seized one for £100-150 and probably had a working saw for around the £250 mark, whereas that's how much I'm in already and its going to need all the same parts as one thats seized or has no compression.

I've started the appeal process anyway out of principle as they seem to have made this decision after he's been in contact with them on the phone without getting in touch with me to hear my version of events at all, so not going to touch it or order any parts till that's done with whatever the outcome.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1