storm damage pricing

bob

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that I was the one who went in as the cheapest quote but at the time I was unaware who it was that had done the 'emergency' work. I was a couple of hundred below Bob's price not the half the customer is stating.

It also appears the spec of the job changed for each person the customer had a quote from, when I asked what he wanted he said all the brash removing so he could burn it where it fell and the logs leaving in lengths that were movable, he would sort out logging/splitting where necessary. There was to be no moving of logs literally just put the saw through and leave them where they fall. It transpires he had asked previous companies for a full clean up or logging to firewood, hence a higher price as more cutting required.

Because of this change in spec and hence uncertainty on the customers part (and the fact I couldn't get an extra body quick enough) I have contacted the customer and backed out saying I can't get there until next week and that tree needs doing now(I told him at the time I would have to ring and confirm availability once I had spoken to my climber (Sir McTree in this case)). He has now asked for a quote stating a price in excess of the other 2 he has had for insurance purposes.

Hopefully if Bob still wants this job it is now his. If I was the customer it would have been Bob's job anyway as he did the emergency work. Where did loyalty go?

Hopefully if Bob still wants this job it is now his. If I was the customer it would have been Bob's job anyway as he did the emergency work. Where did loyalty go?

You should really have been asking who did the emergency work first, it is obvious that someone had started the job, therefore you would have been standing on someones toes, seen as how we all know each other.

Why did you have to get in a climber?

You should really have been asking who did the emergency work first, it is obvious that someone had started the job, therefore you would have been standing on someones toes, seen as how we all know each other.

Customer didn't know or wasn't willing to tell and I went to view the job withouit knowing the work had been done. As I said, I did make a call or 2 to find out who had done the work and found out via Pete. Pete then spoke to Bob (who actually did the cutting) and someone else who's job it was but contracted Bob in. The last thing I would want to do is stand on anyones toes, hence me withdrawing my quote and talking about loyalty.

Why did you have to get in a climber?

Too much work for me and my groundie and on the big more complicated jobs I would rather bring in a more experienced climber than another groundie to increase the size of the team.