makita chainsaws

jpbeaver

• 5 months later...

The 90cc saws are pretty much the same as the older Dolmar 90cc saws - they've just been rebranded. I think this is why they are quite cheap.

The new 7901 I've had a go on and it struck me as being a bloody good saw. Same feel as the 5000 but bigger. I'd for a 7901 over a 9010 if I had the choice but that's me.

I've got a couple of Makita chainsaws and they're pretty good. Mind you I seem to be having lots of probs with all my saws recently so I'm not all that much of a fan of anything at the moment!

I own a 7900 this saw has no de-compression button, but hell im hard lol, the 7901 has a de-compression button.

Iv'e had the 7900 for a couple of years and imo its as good as any of my recent Husky purchases, infact its better as so far it hasn't broken down! and it will push a 26'' bar no problem

If I needed a big 90cc saw i'd have no hesitations buying the makita, and this is my honest opinion!

• 2 weeks later...

not in any attempt to derail the thread, but just looking at makita saws came along this little bargin

http://www.totalgardens.co.uk/item-Makita-DCS2300T-Chainsaw-I4776.html

only 6.99 post and packing shame about the 3,999 price have emailed them asking if its a turbo'd nitrous snorting, racing top handle that is gold plated but painted so no ones knows, its a "special" saw......

Just to add a bit on the 9010. They are good saws but the air filters are pretty rubbish and need replacing every 4 months or so. Also I just had a fuel line split on one of mine and a carb kit put on the other. They seem to be higher maintenance than newer saws. The 7900(1) and 5000(1) series are newer developed models. Again though you have to make sure those air filters are cleaned regularly to maintain performance.

not in any attempt to derail the thread, but just looking at makita saws came along this little bargin

http://www.totalgardens.co.uk/item-Makita-DCS2300T-Chainsaw-I4776.html

only 6.99 post and packing shame about the 3,999 price have emailed them asking if its a turbo'd nitrous snorting, racing top handle that is gold plated but painted so no ones knows, its a "special" saw......

I'd like to give one a try, but I have a feeling i'd be better off buying a good silky.

• 4 weeks later...