Looks like no more Makita Petrol Saws

Echo

20 minutes ago, shavey said:

Sorry I’ve sorted the air filter but brake band is a no go can’t seem to get any 

I'm just joking, don't worry about it. You bet me to it fair! I'm glad it's gone to someone who knows/will appreciate what it is and I don't mind losing out to you.

There's another 2 on eBay currently. 1 looks to be in complete working order.

I'm surprised about the brake band though...

1 hour ago, wyk said:

After I finally nailed it on porting the 4300. Figures...

I saw the video, stout runner, I have two of them, dont know whether to

sell them and go all Echo, I honestly like them more than I liked the Echo CS501,

which I also had two of, bought me a bunch of SP33G chains for them, so will

be looking for something that will take them, the Husky 550xp 2 will.

2 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

I have two 9" corded grinders and they're bulky heavy things, not much fun to use. I imagine one with a battery hanging off its arse is only going to be more heavy, more bulky and worse to use.

My current grinders are 9" Makitas, I find them light in comparison with the

same sized grinders of old, I built dozens of trailors with nothing but a 9"

grinder to cut all the steel. That includes 20 ton low loaders, to they dont

seem heavy to me.

But new tech will lighten them up as time passes too, and batteries would

be better in a back pack, so the overall weight would be better distributed.

8 minutes ago, Echo said:

Wow, never heard of a 9" battert grinder before.

Milwaukee do a 9inch grinder, even with 12ah batteries they don't last long on heavy cutting but there's plenty of power and much nicer to use than a corded one.

They've just released a 14inch with their new generation of batteries as well if you have £1500 ?

Just now, gdh said:

Milwaukee do a 9inch grinder, even with 12ah batteries they don't last long on heavy cutting but there's plenty of power and much nicer to use than a corded one.

They've just released a 14inch with their new generation of batteries as well if you have £1500 ?

Thats one costly grinder, but Milwaukee always were.

9 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

I have two 9" corded grinders and they're bulky heavy things, not much fun to use. I imagine one with a battery hanging off its arse is only going to be more heavy, more bulky and worse to use.

They've balanced it out with newer technology. My battery Milwaukee feels slightly lighter than my old corded makitas.

1 minute ago, Echo said:

Thats one costly grinder, but Milwaukee always were.

Yeah, it's more aimed at construction sites and does include vat but a petrol ones going to be cheaper for a while. The new batteries are impressive though, they were using a microwave to demo them and a TV.

4 minutes ago, gdh said:

They've balanced it out with newer technology. My battery Milwaukee feels slightly lighter than my old corded makitas.

There you go, progress is happening, and if one could put the battery down when using

the tool it would be lighter again, or hang it in a back pack with a short lead, it will be figured out rapidly when the petrol / gas ones are banned.

Edited by Echo