Any one bought from yoursaw.co.uk befor?

astra25

9 hours ago, astra25 said:

Rang the number on yoursaw website awered the phone as Dixon garden machinery.

Long story short they don't have the 3120xp and carnt get it they have asked for it to be took off the website and don't know why its still on there.

You definitely want the 3120 over a Stihl? The new 881s are £1,500 i think. Or what about importing one, like the guy in Canada who sells them?

Edited by Moose McAlpine

1 hour ago, Moose McAlpine said:

You definitely want the 3120 over a Stihl? The new 881s are £1,500 i think. Or what about importing one, like the guy in Canada who sells them?

Yeah I think so don't get we wrong iv got nothing against the stihl it's just iv always used husquvarna iv got and worked on a few k760 stone saws and have the 560xp and love it, I'm familiar with how they are built, I look at a stihl and think that's a straight way make it lol.

I'm happy to buy used as long as the price is right it won't be getting that much use anyway.

Iv mailed the guy on eBay selling them from Canada I'll let you know what he says.

He said 1399 for the saw and $175 for shipping so $1574 usd to uk is £1208 plus inport tax which if iv worked it out right is a total price of £1514 all in which is obviously too expensive.

248420073_Screenshot_20201103-210541_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.05e6c5aca3dc07474ba36124a257c638.jpg

Edited by astra25
Carnt spell

For a little over £200 more than your initial thoughts of spending £1143 you could have the 881 from Radmore and tucker as Rough Hewn has pointed out with a 41” bar and chain (cheaper obviously if you want 30” or 36” bar instead, or even no bar)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

What's your budget?

Haven't really got a budget just want a good deal like I said don't mind buying used.

Also need to buy a mill too ideally the panther mill. 

I'm got a bandsaw which can mill up to 23.5" or 600mm so just need a chainsaw mill for any larger logs or to brake any down ready for the band mill etc.

This is just a hobby not a business.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ratman said:

For a little over £200 more than your initial thoughts of spending £1143 you could have the 881 from Radmore and tucker as Rough Hewn has pointed out with a 41” bar and chain (cheaper obviously if you want 30” or 36” bar instead, or even no bar)

Yeah very true I'll see what happens I'm in no rush.

Yeah very true I'll see what happens I'm in no rush.

I think the 881 prices will creep up to £1500 or so after a few weeks/months of being out, lots of places are already advertising at £1600 mark with 30” bar & chain. The likes of radmore, mowers to go etc will probably be doing the introductory offers to get things moving. (Just my thoughts)
  • Thanks 1