4x4 Play Land Rovers

Scott Farmborough

Hi, i am looking at buying a land rover 130 tipper.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this company.

Any comments or views welcome.

ive spoken to them once but they didnt seem that helpfull to be honest ,

theres a white one on ebay at the moment in lewes 300 tdi lowish milage if i hadnt bought my hi cap id definatly taking a look

I bought a 130 off them and i would not reccomend them. it had the immobiliser removed and that was a shoddy job, they told me it had been serviced and it had not, it was tarted up with a paint job and new tires. there were things that didnt work and i was unhappy. i did say something but i had handed over the cash by then. go to nene overland, they may be a bit more expensive but you get a 3mth warranty or there is a company that advertise in forestry and british timber magazine.

I bought a 130 off them and i would not reccomend them. it had the immobiliser removed and that was a shoddy job, they told me it had been serviced and it had not, it was tarted up with a paint job and new tires. there were things that didnt work and i was unhappy. i did say something but i had handed over the cash by then. go to nene overland, they may be a bit more expensive but you get a 3mth warranty or there is a company that advertise in forestry and british timber magazine.

Thanks for the input sounds like i should steer clear from them....i have purchased a dodge motor in the past and know all to well how much grief it can cause.

I called them, not that helpfull and the landy I was interested in in August is still for sale.

Check out these guys Land Rover Defenders quality used land rover 90, 110 and 130 models speak to Mark. He got me a Landy and got it converted to a tipper to the spec I wanted and gave a good waranty.

Hi Gibbon, I did speak to them...seemed really freindly, did you pay a lot more than what 4x4 play were selling? and what was the turn around for bulding the back?

4x4play get Home - Auto-Lift Uk Ltd - Scissor Lift Tables, Electric Winches, LCV Bodywork, Thule Products this lot to do their tipper conversions.

I have experience of previous conversions done by the above co and there is 'room for improvement'.

Nene Overland is a company that always pops up as being reputable if expensive.