Cold feet

Bomag

Thanks for all the helpfull replies :thumbup: looks like today will be the last one for the ciggies. Im actually looking forward to it, I feel alot less fit than I used to which is something I dont like. So should be bouncing off the walls in the next few months with my refound youth!!

All you need is a pair of those socks I posted, not a lot colder than the North Sea this time of year..............

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Invest in the warm gear - don't scrimp on your comfort.

Also warm legs = warm feet. A kick ass set of helly hanson pro-wool or merino longjohns and you're winning (at being warm, not at being cool). You loose heat at you knees 'cos your central heating - blood vessels - have to travel close to the surface over the bone. Add the proper socks, and take a change of boots with you, (leave some walking boots in the truck for the clear up) and your winning.

Remember, insulation works both ways - warm your feet up when you have a break by taking your boots/socks off. Its a faff - but it beats being macho or putting up with it.

What country was that in:scared1:

This country mate!!

Smoking doesn't just kill you, it kills you in a slow and painful manner :thumbdown:

The circulation in your feet and legs can get so bad that your legs die, so they have to be removed in order for you to survive.

I think one of the most depressing and stupid things I ever saw was two guys stood out side a house smoking, one was an old man in pajamas and a dressing gown (he was obviously recovering from surgery) he must have had throat cancer and had had his larynx removed, he had to use one of those mechanical voice boxes you hold to your throat to speak. He was blowing smoke out of the hole in his neck.

The other guy was a young lad in his 20's smoking away next to him.

I thought to my self, he can see his own future right there in that old guy, BUT he's still puffing away??????:confused1:

Smoking is a strange habit, all smokers know its a bad thing to do, plus we arent drugged up to death not to realise ,but its still a very hard habit to break.

Ithought the banning of smoking in bars etc was way out of order at first but now, its deffo the way forward:thumbup1:

• 2 weeks later...

My brother had same went to doctor last week and was told to get silver socks apparently they have a small percentage of silver in cost about £9. and he now swears by then, if you have look on goolgle they should be there, his feet would go blue before hand.