• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So total income will be if sell all logs

62 x £100 = £6,200

Less Costs Timber £1014 + Fuel £100+ Chains £80 + oil £30 = £1224

Profit 6200 - 1224 = £4,976

£4976 / 10 days = £497.60 a day.:thumbup:Not bad?

Not bad, although you do have to sell and deliver them.

Thats why I don't feel too bad sitting here pottering on the pc whilst on my paternity leave if I can call it that, My employee can split about £250-500 worth of logs in a day. While I fanny about on here:thumbup:

Thanks for your reply John.

I reckoned a man with a saw and splitter can make about 6 cube in day by this method, your figures back this up.

Thats good going if you have a market for them at £100 / cube.

But, as Tom points out, you have to factor in storage costs, time, fuel, etc to rehandle and deliver them, and knock off 4 cube for your assistants wages.

Nevertheless, worthwhile. :001_smile:

How are you managing to get £100/cum ?

I sell Hardwood for around £50/cum this makes me look far too cheap.

how much do you get through in a year ?

I have got 4 X 26ton loads of H/W comin in soon - on a similar system to you log it and then split with our home made splitter - works a treat ! so buy your calcs I should be getting around 248cum out of it - which sounds about right.

good luck in getting that price - wish it was as lucrative at that in the North !

How are you managing to get £100/cum ?

I sell Hardwood for around £50/cum this makes me look far too cheap.

how much do you get through in a year ?

I have got 4 X 26ton loads of H/W comin in soon - on a similar system to you log it and then split with our home made splitter - works a treat ! so buy your calcs I should be getting around 248cum out of it - which sounds about right.

good luck in getting that price - wish it was as lucrative at that in the North !

Just to clarify. I sell a measured cubic metre of logs, not a builders bag 80 x 80 x80cm which is 0.6 of a cube.

Have been selling to existing customers for £80.00 but due to increased demand and new customers will be charging £100.00 to new customers.

Just to clarify. I sell a measured cubic metre of logs, not a builders bag 80 x 80 x80cm which is 0.6 of a cube.

Have been selling to existing customers for £80.00 but due to increased demand and new customers will be charging £100.00 to new customers.

Alright John Ive got a big Sycamore take down in 3/4 weeks . Do you fancy the timber ? . Only problem is its nr clayton Staffordshire ?:biggrin: