Meindl Airstream

Rich Rule

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CraigD; Yep, I went up and had a look around the shop. I bought my first pair from Honeybros after reading several boot threads on here. I just took the chance on getting the right size etc. When I was buying new gear for my council job I had the chance to go up and have a look at all the kit first hand at treetools rather than on a website. They carry a good range of boots and other gear up there and the staff are helpful, especially if you manage to catch Drew in the shop. Having said that I didn't actually try any on of the boots because I already new how good the airstreams were. The only toss up was between those and the Klimbas but the airstreams just ran out the winners. As long as you haven't got wide feet you'll love em. Once they're broken in they are soooo comfy. I was once told you spend half your life on your feet and the other half in bed so invest in good boots and a good bed. Sound advice if you ask me.

... As long as you haven't got wide feet you'll love em. ...

I have to disagree there mate. My feet have really high arches and are on the larger side of wide. No problems with the boot and I generally have width problems with most boots and shoes.

sasquatch feet rock!

I have to disagree there mate. My feet have really high arches and are on the larger side of wide. No problems with the boot and I generally have width problems with most boots and shoes.

sasquatch feet rock!

I have to disagree with you there Rich, my Sasquatch feet are a pain ! It's a struggle to find footwear that'll fit. :thumbdown:

I've found previous Mdindls too narrow for my feet.

The Zermatt's look chunkier. I'll give these a go at some point and try to remember to feedback here

Have you tried the Airstreams. Before them I had the waldlaufer pro from meindl and they were pretty narrow. I were different sized airstreams to the w'laufer's. Sorry cannot remember the differences as I had a pair of Hiax between the pairs.

Will finally be buying a new pair next week as theres not much sole left on mine, things keep poking me in the foot. Have to agree with rich, i've got massive feet in all dimensions and the airstreams have been the best work boots i've ever worn.

IMG_0148.jpg.6497c3ca017c63e25d7965c41219bded.jpg

[/b]

I have to disagree with you there Rich, my Sasquatch feet are a pain ! It's a struggle to find footwear that'll fit. :thumbdown:

I've found previous Mdindls too narrow for my feet.

The Zermatt's look chunkier. I'll give these a go at some point and try to remember to feedback here

Have a look at the Klimba Air Tirrols. Big roomy boot and my current second fave. Very chunky and stiff though so if you do a lot of spike work they're excellent.

What are the Airstreams like with spikes on and are they waterproof?

I bought a pair of Haix Protector Light, think that's what they're called, and they are awful with spikes as the sole is too soft. Apart from that they are fabulously comfy and superb climbers boots. Sadly they are not waterproof at all.

Will finally be buying a new pair next week as theres not much sole left on mine, things keep poking me in the foot. Have to agree with rich, i've got massive feet in all dimensions and the airstreams have been the best work boots i've ever worn.

good lord you have had your moneys worth out of them ,can not belive the laces lasted that long ,mine went after a year