R.I.P Mick Dewhurst

Lee Winger

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i knew mick and worked for him for several years. i lived abroard for a few years and when i came back looking for work he gave me a chance. My love for trees is a result of that time spent under micks guidance. as andy has said he was not afraid of trying new techniques and usualy he sucseeded in making them the next benchmark for other companies. i was dumb struck when i was told the news. i think mick saw how he could progress the stature of eastwoods by introducing new techniques instead of seeing the legacy he was creating by doing this sometimes. we did not part on the best of terms and on several occasions i have been near his house and thought "i must pop in one day and make peace" wish i had of done... in light of that i still had a lot of respect for the man and what he has done for the arb community. My thoughs are with marie in this time of tragedy.. you will be missed mick.

The sad loss of Mick, our colleague, but of much greater significance, our friend of more than sixteen years has affected us deeply.

As an Arborist his skill, knowledge, ingenuity and passion impressed all those fortunate enough to work along side him but it is as a close personal friend how we will hold his memory closest.

As a friend and as a man Mick was generous with his time, caring towards all around him and brightened the lives of a great number of people. Mick possessed a natural, genuine geniality that is impossible to feign and he will be missed immensely.

Lastly, we would like to thank everybody for their kind words, seeing the high esteem that Mick was held in and the fondness of those who knew him have displayed is a great comfort and is truly appreciated.

Jonathon & Carol Steward

& everyone at Eastwood Trees & Tree Fella

i also worked for Mick for several years, throughout my time with him at eastwoods he helped and encouraged me to progress as a climber and a tree surgeon with training and by giving me the opportunity to just get out there and do the job, i appreciated everything he did for me, RIP Mick