Pine Plantation Clearance, East Sussex

Luke Quenby

Post '87 storm plantation of Douglas Fir to be clear felled. Average dbh 10cm. To be felled, brashed and cut and stacked into metre blocks in situ. Approximatley 50-60 cu. metres / 2.5 Ha. to clear. Hardwood to be left standing (small amount of young Birch, Sallow etc).

£14 paid per cu. metre cut and stacked. Must be clean, tidy and experienced cutters. Suit 1 or 2 people. Own saw's ,fuel, ppe and transport needed. Work can be done at weekends, or 1 or 2 days per week if someone needs to 'top up' on their current workload.

Could be a good opportunity for a less experienced but reliable, keen and tidy cutter(s). Expected to start late January / early February near Battle, East Sussex. Please PM me for more info / to come and look at job.

What's up Mr Quenby, you getting soft in your old age??

Or scared of getting clouted in the chops again, by an errant butt?? lol

Bit of both! No, not really, it's a relitivley small and straight forward job, and as far as the lord and master is concerned, I need to be concentrating on other areas, not spending all my time playing in the woods! So someone else can (hopefully) come and get stuck in for a few days, plus they get a free quad bike ride to and from site every day! Which is more than you and me got!!:thumbup:

plus they get a free quad bike ride to and from site every day! Which is more than you and me got!!:thumbup:

Blimey, SPOILT! :001_smile:

Seriously though peeps, I can HIGHLY recommend this opportunity to whomever is interested.

An extremely picturesque country estate, in an absolutely gorgeous part of the world.

I'm very jealous, and I wish it was closer to home.

hi luke , how long roughly would you expect it to take , i live in eastbourne have all relevant tickets ,saws ppe transport etc been working for a tree surgery company in eastbourne for a couple of years am self employed and like spreading myself around ! not done a massive amount of cutting , mainly coppicng but id like to think ive got a decent amount of common sense .for some reason i cant seem to pm you ?