Husky 560xp bar oiling issues ?

medroberts

Guys, I bought a 20” sugihara light weight pro bar and chain from Rob(chainsaw bars) last week to upgrade from the well used 18” husky bar. Thinking it would be easier on the back buckin firewood. After a little use, I could see signs of overheating on the bar? The chain was not over tight, chain sharp and using proper chain oil.  I have checked that the saw is oiling with bar removed,cleaned the bar rails and flipped the bar over but same occured again . I am now wondering if enough oil is being pumped, even though the oil adjuster is set to the max flow. Has anybody had oiling issues with this saw ? I have attached pics, if that helps? Not sure were to check next?? Ended up putting old bar and chain back on!

ECAD1F31-4366-4501-83B5-86E91863D231.jpeg

45218295-4E0D-4E06-BEEA-8B5B8212B7C7.jpeg

91DB9C2B-9CA8-479A-ABB6-74254EC2B655.jpeg

E1FED9B5-9A93-483F-8B54-F68C9F2A8AB8.jpeg

3 minutes ago, medroberts said:

Guys, I bought a 20” sugihara light weight pro bar and chain from Rob(chainsaw bars) last week to upgrade from the well used 18” husky bar. Thinking it would be easier on the back buckin firewood. After a little use, I could see signs of overheating on the bar? The chain was not over tight, chain sharp and using proper chain oil.  I have checked that the saw is oiling with bar removed,cleaned the bar rails and flipped the bar over but same occured again . I am now wondering if enough oil is being pumped, even though the oil adjuster is set to the max flow. Has anybody had oiling issues with this saw ? I have attached pics, if that helps? Not sure were to check next?? Ended up putting old bar and chain back on!

ECAD1F31-4366-4501-83B5-86E91863D231.jpeg

45218295-4E0D-4E06-BEEA-8B5B8212B7C7.jpeg

91DB9C2B-9CA8-479A-ABB6-74254EC2B655.jpeg

E1FED9B5-9A93-483F-8B54-F68C9F2A8AB8.jpeg

Put the 18" back on and see if it oils ok . If it does then maybe the oil holes in the Sugi bar are not in the right place IE wrong bar for saw .  If it does not then the fault is with the oiler and not the bar .

The 560 and 550 pumps come loose and then the moving pump takes out the oil pinion. I have seen a fair number like that. The pump body is plastic and the mounting points are a bit lame, the screws come loose and then bingo, the pinion will wear to the point it doesn't contact the pump gear.

If this happens, the oiler may put a little oil out without a bar but won't oil with either bar fitted. If you can prod the pump with a screwdriver, you may see it move if very loose.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I was wondering about the bar oil, but I have a 395xp (spud ported) with a 28" sugihara light pro bar, which I have this weekend been ringing up a beech trunk (3ft diam) and the bar is as new with the same bar oil !! I have put the 18" husky bar back on and bar isn't showing signs of heat as the sugi bar. But I cannot see how the sugi bar oiling holes are wrong and don't want to blame the bar without evidence. How can I tell if there, is enough oil flowing ? Any ideas what to try next ? Thanks , Med

Clutch and sprocket off, bar pad protection plate off and there it is, the later pump has spacers in the fixing holes to stop the screws from compressing the plastic and allowing the pump to come loose.

To remove the clutch there is a special tool, however there are cut a ways in the cluch spider so as to insert a screw driver, you then hit the end of the screw driver to jar the clutch off against the compression of the saw ( l/h thread ) word of warning be careful if you use this method on the later clutch as you can snap the shoes, i speak from experience, so i always use the tool, this sits into the spider and you can then use a impact driver, i never use a piston stop.