Stihl 026 - fuel leaking from exhaust

TommyT

In my experience, people with one or two posts, come on, rape us for info then feck off with little thanks for the years of information and experience we divulge for no gain...but we are GIVERS and not TAKERS, and that makes us better people!

Hopefully I will be found wrong but there you go, live and learn!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ChrisNewport said:

He's got it sorted, thanked everyone on other site. It was needle valve. I await my personal thanks for hitting the problem in the first reply.?

I did see that, the US guys said the same as us...funny that! Hope he enjoys the revenue from our knowledge!

I have to thank everyone who took time out on my saws issue. 
Guess what the forum here said it was the needle valve and I was thinking that three carburettors can’t possibly have all the same problem. 
THEY ALL DID!!!

I bought a number of various carb kits last Autumn and have found out the hard way that I have mixed up two lots. 

Huge thanks again to everyone. 

Tom

• Like 3

I actually wrote this message late this morning and thought it was posted. 

I have just read the comments for the people I was thanking. I didn’t expect  to have to go down on bended knee and kiss butt. 
You have the expertise of these matters and all I was asking for was friendly advice without the sarcasm, but that’s  life. 
Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself and you won’t go wrong in life. 
Never lower your own standards to that of the gutter, unfortunately that’s what’s happened here with some who think they must be held up on the highest regards. 

To all that didn’t have the crap comments to spoil such a good avenue for us starting off, I whole heartedly thank you. 

• Like 3

From our side, we kept saying it was the needle valve and it was like banging our heads hence some of the frustrated comments.

I never expect my "Butt to be kissed", not sure I am in to that, a plain "thanks" always suffices if we help and unfortunately we often get new members asking for advice, we give it and then....nothing, no thanks, no info if we hit the target, nothing so we get a bit pissed off as it gives the forum nothing - see it from others perspective, us members know each other and don't know you!

The sarcasm is free of charge and generally the help and advice offered far outweighs any sarcasm given - most of my customers like a bit of abuse in my experience;)

Treat others.......been using that for 55 years and always do, the way I was brought up....................

My threads on here have helped hundreds maybe thousands so I guess I have gained some sort of gratitude, notoriety or something from that.

Anyway - It would have been different if you had posted your response this morning and not going to argue, actions speak louder than words as Martin Stephenson said so lets see what you have to offer Arbtalk over the next few months!

• Like 2

I personally like the forums for the vast amount of free advice they give.
But if you look at the responses once several members knew it was fixed and what was wrong with it - (I wasn’t hiding what the issue was) their comments were rather disgraceful for someone asking for help. I didn’t think I had to sign up to being ridiculed because members gave me their wisdom. 
It would have helped if I had a carb tester but right at the start I said I hadn’t. That’s what being a newbie is all about. 
I’m sure you wouldn’t appreciate some of the comments if they were thrown in your direction. 

But as I’ve already commented I am grateful and thank everyone for there POSITIVE responses. 

• Like 2