Large felling saw

Dave.G.

Always been a stihl man, with a 36 and 48 for the 088, but i have just got a husky 390xp coz i used one and was really impressed with it, running a 28 inch bar. Really gutsy yet light (after 088!), really smooth and it has 2 piston rings :thumbup1:(which has always been a big plus in stihls favour for me) and bridges the gap between the ms362 and the 088 perfectly i find. Having said that, if i didnt already have the 088 i would have almost certainly gone for a 660 stihl.:001_smile:

You managed to get hold of a 362 Tommer, or do you mean 361?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone is concerned about low oil output on the 660, let me know and i can give you part number for high output pump. Think they are about £35.

can i have the part number please :biggrin:

You managed to get hold of a 362 Tommer, or do you mean 361?

yeah i was wondering bout that to lol

I imagine the 066/Ms 660 is about the standard that most saws are rated to because it's time proven .

I have a brand new one in my shed which I'm holding for gent at the moment to prevent it from being stolen but that's another story too long to elaborate on .

The only problem I've heard about them is oiling long bars but I've also heard they make an increased volume oiler for them which corrects the problem .

As far as power,it has plenty .I also have residing in that same shed a 2100 Husqvarna which will cut circles around that Stihl --but it starts hard ,is not as balanced etc .plus is over twenty years . Given the choice as an every day user I believe it would be the Stihl .

Ok, here you go, its taken a while to track down again, but if anyone wants the Australian pump (high output) for the MS660, this is the part Number;

1122 640 3201

You should get change out of £40 inc vat.

cheers mate, got one on order from jonesie!!! :thumbup:

Dont give all you sercet info away tommer, tommer it at the cutting edge of stihl gossip and is a secret test pilot (or is it pillock) for them. the 362 is on its way......................:lol:

hahahaaa im well jealous :001_tongue: