Thank you 76AR

Dave Martin

Thank you 76AR …. Whilst I have never met you I think of you all the time now when I am using my Hakki Pilke Eagle following your Christmas Eve accident in which you lost the tip of your finger. So when you look at your shortened digit be assured your loss has not been in vain for it has made others more cautious. And (and I am aware that a sentence should not start with and but hey ho its Arbtalk:biggrin:) if there is a Mrs. 76AR tell her that her own sacrifice was not without benefit to others as my own female friend (don’t want her getting above her station) constantly says to me `please Dave don’t lose your fingers not the fingers`.

It really has made me more cautious.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you 76AR …. Whilst I have never met you I think of you all the time now when I am using my Hakki Pilke Eagle following your Christmas Eve accident in which you lost the tip of your finger. So when you look at your shortened digit be assured your loss has not been in vain for it has made others more cautious. And (and I am aware that a sentence should not start with and but hey ho its Arbtalk:biggrin:) if there is a Mrs. 76AR tell her that her own sacrifice was not without benefit to others as my own female friend (don’t want her getting above her station) constantly says to me `please Dave don’t lose your fingers not the fingers`.

It really has made me more cautious.

Thanks dave

I was back in hospital on monday for me first check up and this is how it looks:

Was back in agin for physio today i have lost alot of the movement. needless to say it was not a pleasant experiance

finger.jpg.e794945e06800c46021260a70f30b8aa.jpg

It was the weirdest experiance of my life. I have broken lost of bones in my lifetime playing rugby but never anything like this.

I didnt feel anything for about 30 mins. i locked up and drove to the hospital a few miles away. the pain hit me in a&e started sweating like mad. got bandaged up and sent to another hospital 20 miles away (had to make my own way there) to have surgery.

Watched the full operation stiched me up and sent me back to the ward over night and kicked me out crimbo day at lunch time

I did the same finger with a post knocker, you will have to learn the secret handshake and join our club, its very exclusive.

The weird bit will start when you get an ich on the bit thats missing :001_tt2:

I am already starting to get weird sensations

It was the weirdest experiance of my life. I have broken lost of bones in my lifetime playing rugby but never anything like this.

I didnt feel anything for about 30 mins. i locked up and drove to the hospital a few miles away. the pain hit me in a&e started sweating like mad. got bandaged up and sent to another hospital 20 miles away (had to make my own way there) to have surgery.

Watched the full operation stiched me up and sent me back to the ward over night and kicked me out crimbo day at lunch time

I watched them as well, its weird couldnt turn away, i personally liked the bone nibblers, no sensation but the tugging feeling in the shoulder was weird.

I did mine on a really cold day and everone freaked out,i didnt feel anything till it started to warm up in the ambulance, i had to call the ambulance myself while i shot blood out of the end of my fingers at the bunch of girls blouses who were with me.

When the ambulance turned up they checked the top of the post to see if they could save anythingm my skin and nail was left on top of the post like a prawn shell in pefect finger shap but with no innards. :biggrin:

Edited by Arborist Sites

The best way i could describe the bone snippers we like electrcians snips. the surgeon was clipping loads off. i was cheeky enough to say to him cant you save any of that does to have to go??

I was on my own. Was cool as a cucumber till i got to hospital and i think thats when it sunk in what had happened. All credit to the hospital staff though they were brilliant.

I said to the surgeon when he was looking at my finger for the first time 'what on earth can you do with that' he replied i dont know yet it doesnt look promising.