Grief!

AngrySquirrel

6 hours ago, peatff said:

Say what ? Is that the warm air diverter for winter running ?

Hi no i think it's whats left of this bit

WWW.LSENGINEERS.CO.UK

Air Nozzle/ Jet for Husqvarna 362, 362XP, 365 Chainsaws Genuine Husqvarna Part OEM No. 503 62 84-01 Suitable for...

Later when feel better????Fingers crossed not got this pox! will have it up on bench(Kitchen worktop) and have bonnet up and delve deep inside now know what looking at/for EEEEk as found a bit stuck to inner casing so looking at diagram think it's this bit as get loads of crap in air box

once know if can salvage oil pump 044 with a adjuster screw and washer replacements will order from I&S

Edited by AngrySquirrel

6 hours ago, spudulike said:

I did mean the internal gauze strainer in regards to the 372 sounding like it was lacking fuel, the other option is a split fuel line where it pushes through the wall in the fuel tank where they can split and leak air giving this sort of issue. These are the things I generally check when servicing these saws.

Bit difficult to follow the dialogue!

Is that a carb off and opened job i take it?

only thing i had done was remove filter and clean i did have a little flat spot on first tap of throttle!

which made me think maybe too lean so under load it's bogging down/stopping and it did putter out while put down once done a cut where as before idle was bit too fast before cleaned filter other day

Edited by AngrySquirrel

With the 044 oil pump does the adjuster screw either provide the restriction on flow or does it open/close a valve as turn in/out if that makes sense?

As something you have like of a ball detent valve so as press whatever against it it opens allowing more flow.

While the other way is the end of screw works by providing the restriction if it's this way pump must be fooooked

Yes, carb off and is under the cover with the brass angled pipe sticking out of it - about the diameter of a pencil and really needs pulling out as it can have dried scum in it which isn't that apparent.

If it isn't picking up cleanly from idle then a small anticlockwise turn on the L screw may sort your issue. Doing this may lower your idle speed and is 100% normal and it will also need a slight tweak.

The oil pump adjuster - there is a gear connected to the pump shaft. The gear has an ANGLED flat top and the adjuster varies the amount the gear moves sideways (Not rotationally). More movement means more oil. The adjuster has a small ball on the end of it and if it is close to the centre of the gear, it pumps less. If it is near the edge, it pumps much more as the whole shaft and gear move more.

It makes sense if you have the thing in front of you!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

Yes, carb off and is under the cover with the brass angled pipe sticking out of it - about the diameter of a pencil and really needs pulling out as it can have dried scum in it which isn't that apparent.

If it isn't picking up cleanly from idle then a small anticlockwise turn on the L screw may sort your issue. Doing this may lower your idle speed and is 100% normal and it will also need a slight tweak.

The oil pump adjuster - there is a gear connected to the pump shaft. The gear has an ANGLED flat top and the adjuster varies the amount the gear moves sideways (Not rotationally). More movement means more oil. The adjuster has a small ball on the end of it and if it is close to the centre of the gear, it pumps less. If it is near the edge, it pumps much more as the whole shaft and gear move more.

It makes sense if you have the thing in front of you!

Looking at the pump on I&S there is a roll pin holding adjuster in which has a key way round it so the depth is deepening better get my snorkle  n go in deep!

WWW.LSENGINEERS.CO.UK

Control bolt Genuine Stihl Part OEM Part No. 1128 647 4806 Suitable for the following Stihl Machines: MS 200 T, MS 200...

17 minutes ago, spudulike said:

If L&S haven't got the parts in stock, they won't be able to supply as the supply chain is shutting down and it is causing a few issues for me and probably others. I guess all parts suppliers will be similar unless you want aftermarket.

I've assumed that husqvarna parts will still be supplied from what I've heard, but stihl won't, is that what you understand too?

I emailed them today as I couldn't add parts on backorder as I would normally and was told that their suppliers are shutting up shop and they will not be able to supply them until this pandemic is over. I have just tried and it looks like you can still add Husqvarna parts to your basket. With Stihl parts, this doesn't work - unfortunate as 90% of my work is Stihl in my area.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1