Grief!

AngrySquirrel

My 044 seems to have lost the adjuster screw from oil pump so no oil coming out great! spent a while with limited tools rooting around where it goes just seems a hole!

so guess would that be a new oil pump?

Then to cap it off 372 thought it would play up in sympathy! was hard to start to begin with lots of pulling before fired up but kept bogging down like running out of fuel i did change fuel that had been in it from week orso.

But just kept doing it so come be chain as a bit aggressive file? But by heck did it chuck some bits out but the cut looks rough.

I did wonder if running to lean? as did clean air filter right out and replaced rim sprocket and bearing but chain was moving freely when checked pulling through by hand so not binding!

Took plug out to check colour one side was more biscuit than other thought looked ok? (do have some pics)i turned H out half a turn and L 1/4 just in case too lean and having a Coronary? but didn't make any difference really.Check fuel filter looks ok

• Like 1

13 hours ago, spudulike said:

Probably a bit of crud in the gauze carb filter.

Filters clean took it apart and cleaned it at home other day was mucky before  which made me wonder if too lean?

Unless there is one inside airway? One thing did notice is looks like air flap thing that feeds off flywheel has broke off as bit of plastic stuck to casing below orifice on the plate that carb sits on which looks like where feeds air into through.

Looked on I&S Engineering plans and has a long piece there so time for more checking

3 hours ago, AngrySquirrel said:

Filters clean took it apart and cleaned it at home other day was mucky before  which made me wonder if too lean?

Unless there is one inside airway? One thing did notice is looks like air flap thing that feeds off flywheel has broke off as bit of plastic stuck to casing below orifice on the plate that carb sits on which looks like where feeds air into through.

Looked on I&S Engineering plans and has a long piece there so time for more checking

I think Spud may be referring to the gauze filter in the carb.

8 hours ago, AngrySquirrel said:

air flap thing that feeds off flywheel has broke off as bit of plastic stuck to casing below orifice on the plate that carb sits on which looks like where feeds air into through.

Say what ? Is that the warm air diverter for winter running ?

I did mean the internal gauze strainer in regards to the 372 sounding like it was lacking fuel, the other option is a split fuel line where it pushes through the wall in the fuel tank where they can split and leak air giving this sort of issue. These are the things I generally check when servicing these saws.

Bit difficult to follow the dialogue!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

I did mean the internal gauze strainer in regards to the 372 sounding like it was lacking fuel, the other option is a split fuel line where it pushes through the wall in the fuel tank where they can split and leak air giving this sort of issue. These are the things I generally check when servicing these saws.

Bit difficult to follow the dialogue!

Good tip about the fuel line splitting at that point.

• Like 1