New petzl harness

Treegeek

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The saddle comes in 3 different bridge length options.

Overall I would say it is fairly comfortable. I've now used it on a couple of different jobs. Where I bought mine, it came with the new large 'carritool' which is pretty cool.

The rings on the Petzl are 'gated' so you can slip in a bridge without having shackles

I show a picture of the 'vented' back pad of the saddle as well as a custom bridge made for me by Nick

IMG_0615.jpg.f7c90670158723e12c7cab61d74eb3a4.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg.f058e5460286673c7c2a1259429bc7a9.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg.6549b7a23ddd3df08be79488f2df373b.jpg

Frans either you've got very small hands or thats a supersize caritool.

I think its hard to say how well a bridge will look from a picture, as I tink there is more to a well performing bridge than having it spread out and flat.

One of the best bridges on a harness i've used was the dragonfly/butterfly 2, on full twist its held my body in a great postion and it was'nt just the bridge that did this, the 2 straps connecting the waist and leg support also articulated well.

I'd love to own a harness that combines all the best bits of every other harness i've tried, as it is i'm always having to make a trade off somewhere.

Still yet to climb in a treemotion though.

So the only factor in a good bridge is wide and flat?

How about the type of bridge, rope, thin tape, wide tape? Anyone climed in one of those GQ parachute merrist wood harness, the bridge was wide and flat but the bridge itself was 4" wide so sliding from left to right was kinda restrictive because of friction.

I like thin rope/tape bridges as they require less twisting effort to position yourself, something that I liked with the dragonfly, the wider tape I don't like so much on my treemagic.

All i'm saying is don't write the Petzl bridge off till you try it, but admit it does'nt look good.