Kwikchip 160 help

Iwanp

I can see what you're trying to establish but wouldn't rely on the results that you've got. I wouldn't guarantee that the cover box around the chipping chamber was ever parallel to the chassis to start with. And even then if it were, there's no corralation between that horizontal surface and the plane of the pulley.

Can't you get a straight edge across the face of one pulley to line up against the other. The pulleys have to be in line, as PeteB said. If they're not at least parallel with one another I'd check the flywheel/cutting disc bearings as well as the engine positioning on the mounting plate. Something has to be out of whack somewhere.

Belts should also be (ideally) fitted as a matching set with them all as close to the same length. Your middle belt is not the same as the other two! Those two pulleys are not in line - either the back of the engine is tipped up or the back of your chipper tipped down meaning a bust chassis. Let us know where the issue is!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeteB said:

Belts should also be (ideally) fitted as a matching set with them all as close to the same length. Your middle belt is not the same as the other two! Those two pulleys are not in line - either the back of the engine is tipped up or the back of your chipper tipped down meaning a bust chassis. Let us know where the issue is!

Yes only fitted them other two newer belts to be able to move it secure. We stripped the back of the chipper today thinking it might have dropped but all looks ok. Has had a repair at some point long before we bought it. The belt in the middle has worn much narrower than the new ones. Makes me wonder if its been like that all along, now that I put two new belts on its thrown them off as they fit tighter.

We are going to try and put some spacer under the front engine mounting plates to see if it lifts it up inline better. 

Its very puzzling

I’ll get some photos of the chipper side tomorrow, nothing seems out of place. The two engine pivot hinges seems fine. If it was the front pivot then that would explain it. I might see if I can replace them anyway. But don’t think it will solve it

Probably more like the rear hinge. Is their a bell housing and shaft on the rear of the engine block? Using a trolly jack, lift up the engine cradle until you can remove the belts then slowly drop the cradle down until it bottoms out then check hinges.

2 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Probably more like the rear hinge. Is their a bell housing and shaft on the rear of the engine block? Using a trolly jack, lift up the engine cradle until you can remove the belts then slowly drop the cradle down until it bottoms out then check hinges.

3B7BD996-C652-4EE0-9CC5-306A776A6C13.thumb.jpeg.23d609e6c6a1995b909ef8f92a6fab38.jpeg

the bottom pulley is at the back of the engine. take it pulley attaches to the shaft.

Problem looks worse here though as engine is lifted our of drive