Makita top handle saws?

Paddyf

Thoughts on Makita top handle saws? Makita dealer close by started doing chainsaws. They have a twin battery saw as well as a single battery saw. There is a smaller petrol saw but no saw in the 35cc range (similar to ms200). Never really came on anybody using these saws. I'm a part time climber and would buy one if they could perform. They are also cheaper than the Stihl range. 

Had the little dcs230 and 3401, both ok but slightly underwhelming. I dont think they do a top handle that compares to a 200.

The battery ones are pretty good. I have the duc254 and duc3501. Probably the stihl battery top handle saw has a edge, but not by a long way. Especially not on price. Bear in mind you will need an arsnal of batteries, like 4 to 6 depending what your up to. 5ah at 18v isnt the same as 5ah at 36v.

I wouldnt get the double battery saw with the toolless tensioner looks pretty micky mouse.

• Like 1