stopping your saw hitting the ground?

Stihlwatersrundeep

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i reading this right if you dont have a ticket you dont know what your doing.

:heeeelllllooooo:

Every time i hear this makes me laugh i done many windblown i dont have that ticket i learned from people who have 35-50 years experiance with all kinds of situations.

People get the impression once you have a ticket you can do it thats just wrong.

Im just offering a valid opinion. Learn the job before you waste good money on tickets if you pass these courses with no experiance there just a waste of time.

The difficulty on this forum is that its very hard to tell what experience someone may have. when a question is asked, on such a dangerous topic, the advice has to be to take the relevant training. I would not be able to sleep at night if I advised someone on windblowns, and he was killed or maimed following that advice, simply because I assumed he'd done the relevant courses. By having done the courses, he would at least have the basic ideas, and then just be looking for additional advice on the matter.

Many of the old school tree men never sat a ticket in their life, many survived to a ripe old age, but the necessity of training was brought in because of the ones who suffered injury or worse.

When I first used saws, we never used ppe, I was ignorant of the dangers tbh, training instilled the awareness that I would otherwise would not have, and I learned from a chap who was "old school"!!

what are you on about.

So in effect you talking total turd.:bongsmi::wave:

Talking total turd?

You have purchased insurance, but if you haven't got tickets and something happens, without them you will have trouble claiming.

i wrote off a cherry picker, the cherry picker was owned and insured by me. They asked me what I did, told them tree surgery. The bloke in the basket with me at the time was badly injured and sued me for compensation.

I phoned my public liability insurance, they asked me what I was doing, I told them I was helping someone out who could reach his gable end to point it. They then said, because I wasn't doing tree surgery then I wasn't covered, they also asked if I had my ticket.

If I'm talking turd go ahead and ring your insurance, ask them if you are still covered with no qualifications.

When you ring a company up and ask for Tree Surgeons insurance, they presume a Tree Surgeon will be qualified.

Talking total turd?

You have purchased insurance, but if you haven't got tickets and something happens, without them you will have trouble claiming.

i wrote off a cherry picker, the cherry picker was owned and insured by me. They asked me what I did, told them tree surgery. The bloke in the basket with me at the time was badly injured and sued me for compensation.

I phoned my public liability insurance, they asked me what I was doing, I told them I was helping someone out who could reach his gable end to point it. They then said, because I wasn't doing tree surgery then I wasn't covered, they also asked if I had my ticket.

If I'm talking turd go ahead and ring your insurance, ask them if you are still covered with no qualifications.

When you ring a company up and ask for Tree Surgeons insurance, they presume a Tree Surgeon will be qualified.

Again there you go asuming im not qualified. Asuming im not insured im fully insured to carry out any and all aspects of tree felling inc unlimited height i said they did not ask for my nptc and i asked why and was told there not required simple.

I reads me small print all i cant do is burn on site.:wave::wave:

And i went to many insurers less than half asked for them only trust and another and the cheapest company was not bothered. Also i have had no claims ever.

I think its odd but nptc is not a requirement by law i read hse and uk law alot all that comes up is that persons are competant or qualified but it does not state what type of qualification ????. grey area or what.

i think I have read enough, here's how to save myself a fortune and my life as i will obviously kill myself this weekend.

sell the ms260 on ebay - £260 saved...

dont do my cs30 and 31 - £550 saved...

ring the local logman and sit indoors nice and safe while I wait for him to drop my logs off.

ha, and to think people grumble at the price of a load of logs these days!!

Shame you've decided to sell the saw and ditch the idea of training, simply from coming here and asking for advice you learned something, I'm sure you have the level of common sense to operate one safely in the future. as we've said so far in the thread, windblowns are not for the novice or inexperienced, they really are that dangerous. I would recommend doing a basic felling, maintenance, and cross-cutting course, and you will save more than that money over the years on your firewood.