screw splitter illegal

mdt

Best speaking to the manufacturers, but they have always looked dubious on the guarding front!!

I have a PTO driven one and have to keep the PTO shaft fully guarded but leave a big rotating cone unguarded at the end. Doesnt stack up to me on the guarding front but it does an awesome job of splitting logs so its not going anywhere.

But you don't need a guard for the tip as it will have a large ring on it:001_smile:

The HSE comes here every year for a check has something to say about most things but never has said anything about the hycrack i must remember to put a new piece of rope for pull stop on it:thumbup:

Is that right chris it is a good job i was joking:001_smile:

I think a lot depends on the HSE man at the time but that was one of the first things they checked on the Estate one and we also had a simialr thing set up on teh old PTO rackbench. Have seen a systenm set up linked into the fuel cutof solenoid on newer tractors so you can have an emergency stop button on the machine plugged into the wiring on the tractor so it's all dead fancy too - 10 min with the wire cutters and it's fitted :thumbup: