Tree Austria saddles

Linda

Hi guys

I need your expert advice on something. I'm looking to buy a new harness, have got the Tree Austria 1 (orange and blue) and love it, but would like to hear from someone who's got experience from both this harness and the Tree Austria 2 (blue and grey). I really like the back support and the sliding D on mine, how does this differ from the "2"? The sliding ring is positioned a bit lower on the new one, what effect does this have on the weight distribution on the legs? Et cetera...

Thanks

L

treeaustria2.gif.d96c8d7482ba45379aeb7c73b2b2f7e2.gif

treeaustria1.gif.5d1de269866aa08336f75660a52a1a7f.gif

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those lower two ds on the front i find come in handy for clipping bits on when rigging,also getting the saw out a bit further in tight places,thats not what there for but i like them! theres loads of atachments on the back,and a bit for your first aid kit but that needs some modifiying or joining with a biner so the first aid kit does not fall out every 2 mins, the two loops on the back are easyer to reach and not so easy to get snagged,the bridge also slides better for positioning.

I would say its a better harness

those lower two ds on the front i find come in handy for clipping bits on when rigging,also getting the saw out a bit further in tight places,thats not what there for but i like them! theres loads of atachments on the back,and a bit for your first aid kit but that needs some modifiying or joining with a biner so the first aid kit does not fall out every 2 mins, the two loops on the back are easyer to reach and not so easy to get snagged,the bridge also slides better for positioning.

I would say its a better harness

Cool. Thanks for your input Matty.

iv got both austrian 1 and the 2 i perfer my the 1st one the positioning on the sliding d is to low on the second.

Hm..interesting point. My only problem with the first one is that it sort of pinches my waist bones...perhaps the second one won't because of the lower sliding ring and hence there will be more weight on the legs than on the waist?