Jump to content
trigger_andy

Oak or Elm Slab wanted around London way.

Recommended Posts

Hey, my Brother has a friend looking for either an Oak or Elm Slab. 1.6m long by 700mm wide and 50mm thick. The more figured the better and dry as it will need to go directly into the house. I have some but wold need to ship down to London and I assume that would not be cheap.

 

Is anyone closer to London that could supply?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Hey, my Brother has a friend looking for either an Oak or Elm Slab. 1.6m long by 700mm wide and 50mm thick. The more figured the better and dry as it will need to go directly into the house. I have some but wold need to ship down to London and I assume that would not be cheap.

 

Is anyone closer to London that could supply?

Speak to James Ransley at Whetstone Oak. I've supplied him with loads and loads of elm over the years. He's just in Kent :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Big J said:

Speak to James Ransley at Whetstone Oak. I've supplied him with loads and loads of elm over the years. He's just in Kent :)

Cheers J, will do. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Hey, my Brother has a friend looking for either an Oak or Elm Slab. 1.6m long by 700mm wide and 50mm thick. The more figured the better and dry as it will need to go directly into the house. I have some but wold need to ship down to London and I assume that would not be cheap.

 

Is anyone closer to London that could supply?

If your brother can collect/has a trailer, Copford Sawmill in East Sussex took some large slabs of Oak and Elm out of the kiln this morning. They should be able to offer delivery but I don’t know the costs involved.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The avantgardener said:

If your brother can collect/has a trailer, Copford Sawmill in East Sussex took some large slabs of Oak and Elm out of the kiln this morning. They should be able to offer delivery but I don’t know the costs involved.

Thanks, Ive passed this on to my Bro already.

 

By already I mean right away I sent him the info you provided above. :)

 

Thanks again. 

Edited by trigger_andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.