Pollards, the forgotten art-discussion

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

This WAS a good thread, i WAS hoping to have a sensibnle discussion on the validity and progression of pollarding not only as a techinque but to find out if anyone else like me had views that SOME of the old foresters over 200 years ago had a deep and profound observational knowledge, and knew their job better than SOME of the academics do today.

This IS a good thread, been thinking about it for 2 days now and am sure many others have.. and you HAVE had sensible discussion, and animated and heated, and some views expressed agree with you and some dont, i thought that was what it was all about. I am new to this online stuff and its bloody funny !! Happy Chrimbo !:biggrin:

This IS a good thread, been thinking about it for 2 days now and am sure many others have.. and you HAVE had sensible discussion, and animated and heated, and some views expressed agree with you and some dont, i thought that was what it was all about. I am new to this online stuff and its bloody funny !! Happy Chrimbo !:biggrin:

BUT it would be better if we stuck to the subject matter!

i dont mind peoples opinions dissagreeing with mine, christ thats a good thing cos you get a broader perspective and gradualy over time if you get enough people saying the same things you can adjust your own views in retrospect.

God dont ever stop telling when you think i am wrong! lol

but do give me some credit, cos I tell you now i can and will hold LEVEL ground with ANYONE on here!

I DO admit to having a big personality, but in a good way a youll see in time!:blushing::001_tt2:

They dont even bother fighting it mate!!:biggrin:

Under the UN human rights they are classed as nomadic. Which allows them to have a base to come back to. No reason why you can't be classed as nomadic especial if you have to move around the country selling crafts at various country shows. ;)

Hama, a pint sounds great!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to it!!!!!

Its very hard to get to know people in any meaning full way from a few posts (or ever a few hundred) over a few weeks and months we get a more rounded view of one and other, but even then it not complete.

I have met up with guys on here on several occasions and have alway had a really great time.

The very fact that we are on here suggests we have a great deal in common :shakehands::beerchug::dancing:

amen brother.

we enter debate and sometimes dont like the outcome, i have watched question time and houses of parliaments and even looked into debating, its all about respect, at no time should you have a dig or be personal, this makes the other person defensive. I now count to 10 at least and delete a lot of my posts because i have taken something the wrong way, but once you read over stuff again and look at it from a diferent angle it usually seems a lot better. we arent ganging up on you, you havent stood on anyones toes, you just dont like the replies to your views, which is fair enough, but that is what happens on a forum, but if everyone is polite and respectfull then no one falls out. Once you meet some of us at shows you get to know peoples personalities and honestly everything makes sense, i can hear most of the guys voices and get the humour now over text. Stick at it tony, but dont forget, you mat have a lot of energy and passion, but so do most of us:thumbup1:

oh and thats not a self pollard, its a broken tree simples:biggrin:

Haha I think you boys are are talking crack, regarding land, planning, and caravan licensing, I have first hand experience in being evicted from your own land, my father was evicted from a yard, and it cost us thousands of £'s

I have friends fighting an eviction now, it just drags on and on, costing them in health and money!