Pollards, the forgotten art-discussion

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

Hello Knapp, whilst out in the Basque region of Spain recently, I was looking at lapsed Beech pollards that had been re-pollarded in the last three years.

Some of these had had moss placed over the pollard cuts.

Most of these had their own habitat niche associated.

Found that very intersting, as I had not come across that before.

First shot is from the Beech on the right.

Welcome to the site. :001_smile:

some nice pics there monkey, funny as i was thinking of moss wraps to encourage the woundwoods and advantigous roots to make new connections and discrete living channels! spagnum moss a little humus, some nettly cordage wrap, think this has some worth in trying dont you?

I think thats a load, you really dont need any qualification to get on in life, i would employ a man with experience and knowledge over a cocky numpty out of college demanding top whack any day.

If ypou are good at what you do people will sniff you out and pay the appropriate huge cash sum..

:congrats::thumbup1:

I think thats a load, you really dont need any qualification to get on in life, i would employ a man with experience and knowledge over a cocky numpty out of college demanding top whack any day.

If ypou are good at what you do people will sniff you out and pay the appropriate huge cash sum..

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

Do you know how many times I have considered the "alternative" lifestyle?

i could buy a decent sized wood on the money tied up in these bricks, and you need no planning permision for sub terranian!

trust me, i aint far off the coppice wood and charcoal route!

Don't forget you can have a static caravan and live there 364 days of the year

patronising yes you was, YOU captalisation on save implies you are into provocation more than participation, you seem to enjoy provoking more than evoking.

Rubbish.

The captalisation was to emphasize the fact that you were saying it was YOU helping the tree.

I think you need to realise that on a forum, people made take issue with a post and point out where they feel its incorrect, BUT they are not taking issue with YOU just your POST.

If we cannot have robust debate without it getting personal, then a forum is useless, IMO.