Snow/ice clearance

Andy Collins

per M2 is the norm, not sure of costs exactly, but base it on your time, and covering your insurance, also make sure how the contract is worded, as if your gritting it normally becomes your liablility if someone slips over on it, which is why many shopping centers outsource this work

are you looking at a trailed salt spinner or something more dual purpose, (in which case you have to wash it down every day after finishing to stop it rotting.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll give you 50p to run around naked in the show in all your titian glory

I'll donate another £40 to the childrens trust if you drive through your village naked on the quad, with video evidence of course.

Disclaimer: This request in no way infers any gay tendencies on my part, I am in all way totally hetrosexual

its only shovelling snow, by the time this entrepeneurial business gets off the ground the snow will be gone, get your shovels knock the doors an dget some pennies, or do what i am doing, sitting on my back side with a big coffee and donut with another log on the fire:thumbup:

but there is huge lunge potential:thumbup:

p.s strange i just filled stove made a brew and had a donut

wife is out clearing the drive:thumbup:

May have to jack that idea. quad has been made redundant latly so this will earn it i's keep.

I looked into gritting recently via a big gritting company who advertised in the farmers weekly. There is potential there to earn some good money but initial investment is quite high. You sort of buy a franchise off this gritting company. The chap I spoke to had all contracts sorted this year apart from Portsmouth and South Birmingham. I'm hoping to look into it again more seriously next summer with winter 2010/11 in mind.