the beauty of standing deadwood

sean

:001_smile:I was just staring at it looking for the deadwood even though its a nice big sky thing, great place for sunsets. The second one with dead wood in is a peach, just lovely clear water.

I wish that was the tee Monkey D, could make golf a bit more of an action sport, instead of a beer and rollup smoking activity:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

We begrudgingly took out a lovely dead stem for a client that had a severe case of Health and Safety-itis, just it case it fell over on his children that aren't actually allowed to play out in fresh air or daylight etc. The neighbour was horrified as she used to watch the Owl that had perched in the dead tree there since her childhood!

However I carved "please replace me" in the butt prior to grinding it out.

A few weeks later (working for the neighbour) we saw that the client had replanted 4 more trees.:thumbup1:

001.jpg.55183356e3886f265ad0d9598a37744a.jpg

• Like 1

We begrudgingly took out a lovely dead stem for a client that had a severe case of Health and Safety-itis, just it case it fell over on his children that aren't actually allowed to play out in fresh air or daylight etc. The neighbour was horrified as she used to watch the Owl that had perched in the dead tree there since her childhood!

However I carved "please replace me" in the butt prior to grinding it out.

A few weeks later (working for the neighbour) we saw that the client had replanted 4 more trees.:thumbup1:

cant believe you took the whole thing out......couldnt you have convinced them to have a 5-6 mtr monolith?? If you couldnt convince them of the importance of it as habitat then 'how about a nice wooden sculpture?'

I tried every option of not doing the work including getting the whole tree lifted and replanted in the neighbours garden just a few feet away!

The client just wanted it all gone (the whole garden is just grass and very sterile)

What a waste, but at least he put something back in the few trees he replanted.