Working in Scandinavia in winter

LeeGray

3 hours ago, LeeGray said:

Sounds like tough conditions with the cold for sure. When you say the dark isn’t a problem is it because it’s not black out like it is here or do you use masses of lights? Was wondering for example how does a brickie or farm fencer get on, same issues. I’m struggling to anything outside here in Northumberland by 4-5pm depending on cloud but luckily have plenty of stuff to do with the lights on in the workshop or butchery etc. When the chap on the radio was talking about it it was dark here and I was thinking f**k I couldn’t do anything out there without the machine or yard lights on never mind start swinging a chainsaw about 60’ up a tree.

Only been to Copenhagen, never rural and never more north so don’t have a clue.

Yes the cold hurts but the light isn’t an issue.  You just start later and go home earlier!  Must admit you need to when it is really cold.  It is more depressing leaving for work in the dark and getting home in the dark.

at least I am not an office jockey.

no head torches, Carlos.

4 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

Yes the cold hurts but the light isn’t an issue.  You just start later and go home earlier!  Must admit you need to when it is really cold.  It is more depressing leaving for work in the dark and getting home in the dark.

at least I am not an office jockey.

no head torches, Carlos.

Been there, done that here in Norway. Never again. I now work 100 days a year. :D 

• Like 2