Stihl Restricting Sales of Spares Now?

aesmith

Hi,

I was just looking at some parts I might need on a mail order site I've used before (LS Engineers), and the following banner came up ...

STIHL Online Sales Policy

We have the UK's largest stocks of STIHL spare parts and accessories at very competitive prices, however, all Stihl spare parts on this website are subject to STIHL's online policy which Approved Stihl Dealers must abide by.

STIHL consider the internet to be an inappropriate forum for the sale of spare parts. When an Authorised STIHL Dealer sells a spare part they are expected to have personal contact with each customer. This ensures that the correct product is selected for their particular requirement, an appropriate handover is carried out to provide awareness of safety precautions, and the correct use of each product is demonstrated to each individual STIHL customer.

There seems to be a qualified suggestion that existing account holders can still order Stihl spares .. possibly ..

Existing customers

If you are an existing L&S Engineers customer and have experience using the type of product being ordered you can order on-line on this website after logging into your account. Add your chosen products to the basket and continue with your order taking care to answer all safety questions during the checkout process. Our web team will validate your order and it will be processed if all criteria are fully met. If we have any issues with your order a member of our web team will contact you.

Don't knock the company as they are really very good and this is old news from the darling people at Stihl. L&S told me that as an existing customer, they were more than happy to continue supplying me and so it should be.

I think that any supplier would be happy to take my orders and good sense has prevailed!